This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Amazing Zorin

PietO

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23:11 pm

as a long time power user of MS-software from the early DOS/Windows time, i've tried an number of times Linux distro's / Live CD's and gave-up fiddling around with CMD-line / Man-pages and missing drivers. Last week checking the PLOP-boot manager forum i came across the name ZORIN-OS: never heard of.

Check home-page / download / install / downloading updates via WLAN all did work without any problem (except Nautilus or so popping up with an error). Don't even talk about to time to buy / install MS-software + standard utilities / applications.

AMAZING and INCREDABLE: read/write access to NTFS-partitions, boot-manager that recognizes Windows automatically (no EasyBCD or so). Than went with the DVD to 2 PC's of my kids: 1 all fine, the other only one Wlan driver missing and "all" standard software on-board: video-editing, firewall. i'm flabbergasted and will promote Zorin wherever applicable. Thanks for my "Happy New Year" due to all the work you've done!

nev

Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:35:55 am

yes i agree after years off trying linux then only to deleat it after a few weeks as the layout was just c*** ,then after reading about zorin and installing it running it for a few weeks then upgrading to ulimate iam over the moon that this distro is just the bees knees keep up the awsum work guys you are on the right track to give windows a run for there money ,awsum work

pretender

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:04:50 pm

Hi everyone :)
I heard about ZorinOS by chance and tried it...it's amazing linux distro! I've installed it on my machine si it runs smothly.
I want to congratulate the team that created ZorinOS: they did a very good job,may God bless them.
Keep in touch :)