This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bootable DVD

Win7vsZorin123

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36:36 am

i did burn my DVD and it boots fine with DVD. I just wanted to let you know I want to share with you guys

Aravisian

Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:06:45 pm

Good to hear. Personally, I prefer burning to DVD to install or try than using USB. It has a better success rate and I then have a longer lasting copy I can use anytime instead of having to go back in and create a bootable medium with a flash drive. You know, sometimes I have things on my flash drive I want to keep using and having access to instead of wiping it off to create a bootable medium...

mdiemer

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:37:37 pm

I also like having a permanent copy of my various isos. However, considering I have maybe 20 of them, and they're all going to end up in the environment eventually, I now prefer usb method. I have come to the conclusion that plastic is the worst invention of all time. From micro-particles in the atmosphere to the floating islands in the ocean, there is nothing we have made that is so destructive to the biosphere. OK, well, nukes are up there too.

Aravisian

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:09:38 pm

mdiemer wrote:I also like having a permanent copy of my various isos. However, considering I have maybe 20 of them, and they're all going to end up in the environment eventually, I now prefer usb method. I have come to the conclusion that plastic is the worst invention of all time. From micro-particles in the atmosphere to the floating islands in the ocean, there is nothing we have made that is so destructive to the biosphere. OK, well, nukes are up there too.

Plastic Nukes.

Good point. But... DVD/CD are made of a form of acrylic and can be recycled.
Heck, buy nail polish monomer from any store and you can dissolve the disks on your own. Pour the goop into a mold and make it into something else. Just don't make an ashtray. That can't end well.
I only have two gig sticks and both will end up in the environment someday. But continuously reloading them can get pretty trying.

CD/DVD's have a limited shelf life, too. They go bad after a while. The other day, I opened an old not oft-used drawer and found an old disk in it smoking pot and heckling the younger disk's.

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:19:01 pm