This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Rules!

tambler

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:21:03 pm

Zorin 15 Ultimate with its new kernel (5.0.0.37) has been flexing its muscles on my dual boot machine. Since the last kernel upgrade I have been unable to select my other distro - Modicia Ultimate 19 - and have it boot up. Only Zorin will boot. Has anyone else experienced this in a legacy setup?

I corrected the problem by reinstalling GRUB2 on Modicia but am curious why the new Zorin kernel should have had that effect...

Happy New Year to all Zorinophiles! :)

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:34:13 pm

Now why did you have to post another OS? I'm downloading it now to see how it is in VB! :D

As for your question, I don't know - did it not show up in Zorin's GRUB at all?

tambler

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34:48 am

How did you get on with Modicia, Swarf? It is one of my favourite distros as I do a lot of music-related work. Not keen on the Chrome default but I ignore it. In fact, I go to great lengths to avoid everything Gargoyle related which is not easy.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:07:27 pm

Hi, not yet. Just been installing MX19 on a D600 - what I found confusing on reboot is that it states it is pae version of 32-bit - normally such an iso would not even run in live mode. It is based on xfce and what is weird is they put the panel vertically left so when you change to horizontal, power off is on left and menu on right - easily remedied. But now for the best part. When you install MX-19 if you have a different distro that you have setup using the something else method you can use those existing partitions to install MX-19 AND it asks if you want to save the changes you made in live mode so when you have things how you want, do the install and it is how you set it up in the way you had it in live mode! My only concern is that when the system is 'whirring' cpu is at 100%! If it continues to max out like this I may revert back to an old distro to play with like epidemic. :D