This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS Desktop Guide feedback

Clifford_Esler

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:11:12 pm

AKA Gnome Help [for Zorin Core 15.2 64-bit]
It would be helpful to include a "last updated" timestamp in the About section. The utility is certainly very helpful and well designed and written, but I've run across more than one item that appears to give outdated info. I can live with that, thanks in part to the current-state Unofficial Manual, but providing a date would save some head scratching. Here's one example chosen at random:

Create a startup disk >
[blah blah]...
To create a startup disk from a Zorin OS ISO image:
Open Startup Disk Creator via the Activities search bar.

Problem:
1. Search for "Startup Disk Creator" in Activities Overview search bar = not found
2. Ditto in main menu search
3. Software Library search yields two variants of Startup Disk Creator v. 0.3.5ubuntu18.04.2, both never updated, both with predominantly negative reviews (though one can't read the reviews, which is disappointing.)

It would be reassuring to know the onboard help is reviewed when new OS versions are released, and revised accordingly.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:00:52 pm

I totally agree - that is what led me to create the 'unofficial manual' - good examples of up-to-date built-in help files are Mint and FerenOS - which I amusing to write this response! I think the first decent one I ever came across was the sadly now defunct PearOS but would need to boot an old .iso to verify that! :D