This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin forum suggestions

Doncic

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:18:08 am

Hi! I’d like to share some suggestions to improve this forum :)

1) mobile version;
2) spoiler function;
3) notifications on the top right for replies etc like other forums have

Bye :)

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:19:46 pm

Hi, Team Zorin don't own the layout, just the content - it is bog standard phpBB design and layout, kindly put together for Team Zorin by:

"Cerulean Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net"

zorink

Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:28:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! We're currently working on a new Discourse (https://www.discourse.org/) based forum that will have all of the above features.
We plan to launch the new forum in the next week or two.

mdiemer

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08:14 pm

I just checked out the new forum, very nice! I received an invite from AZorin, but I cannot figure out how to sign up. There is a login, but no option (that I can see) to join.

Aravisian

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:31:44 pm

mdiemer wrote:I just checked out the new forum, very nice! I received an invite from AZorin, but I cannot figure out how to sign up. There is a login, but no option (that I can see) to join.

It's actually a test. The Zorin team doesn't want Dunderheads on the forum, so you must pass an intelligence test to get signed up. If you cannot pass the login-puzzle, then you are unworthy of foruming.

Go for it, mediemer, I believe in you. Mostly.

Go forward and Make victory, your Own!

Doncic

Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:46:03 pm

zorink wrote:We plan to launch the new forum in the next week or two.

wow

oh and possibility to "like" posts in order to thank someone reply without writing another post

Aravisian

Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:09:42 pm

Doncic wrote:oh and possibility to "like" posts in order to thank someone reply without writing another post

_Aravisian likes this post_

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:40:52 am

I've disabled most things - I just love being antisocial! :lol:

zorink

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29:14 pm

Doncic wrote:oh and possibility to "like" posts in order to thank someone reply without writing another post

Liking will also be available on the new forum

zorink

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:31:54 pm

mdiemer wrote:I just checked out the new forum, very nice! I received an invite from AZorin, but I cannot figure out how to sign up. There is a login, but no option (that I can see) to join.

As the new forum is not officially launched yet, public signups are currently disabled.
At the moment, to sign up you will need to click the signup link in the invite email which you received

Doncic

Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:20:45 pm

zorink wrote:

Liking will also be available on the new forum

can't wait

Doncic

Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:22:12 pm

another suggestion: possibility to show password while loggin in

mdiemer

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:21:32 pm

Guess I'll come in with the rest of the dunderheads...

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:25:23 pm

Personally, I think rather than showing password, forgotten username and/or password option would be better. ;) :D

Doncic

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:54:58 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:forgotten username and/or password option would be better. ;) :D

I think every website has that feature :D

Doncic

Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:05:36 pm

another suggestion: possibility to tag people, it seems it is not possible here

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:21:42 pm

Doncic wrote:another suggestion: possibility to tag people, it seems it is not possible here

You will have: Latest, Unread, Badges, Tags, New, Top, Groups.

Categories: Installing Zorin OS, Hardware Support, General Help, Tutorials and Guides, Feedback, Chat about Zorin, Lounge (= Off Topic). ;) :D

Doncic

Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39:22 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:
Doncic wrote:another suggestion: possibility to tag people, it seems it is not possible here

You will have: Latest, Unread, Badges, Tags, New, Top, Groups.

Categories: Installing Zorin OS, Hardware Support, General Help, Tutorials and Guides, Feedback, Chat about Zorin, Lounge (= Off Topic). ;) :D

sorry I meant tag like @zorink

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:30:21 pm

That will be the default way of doing things anyway - you have to go through various hoops to show you how it all works. ;) :D

Doncic

Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:33:17 pm

new forum is out!
Do I have to create a new account or I can sign in with this?

will this forum topic be moved to the new forum?

AZorin

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:57:20 pm

Doncic wrote:new forum is out!
Do I have to create a new account or I can sign in with this?

will this forum topic be moved to the new forum?

Yes, you will need to create a new account on the new forum to write posts there.

Posts from this forum won't be moved to the new forum. After this forum is closed on 17 September, it will be converted into a read-only static archive.