This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

First Impressives.

Weatherlawyer

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43:42 pm

I had a Laptop with Virus on it Microsoft Vista. Man that was a pain. I took it to a local company to get rid of it. I wanted Mint as I didn't fancy Unity. They put that on but couldn't get it to see my Huawei Mobile (my second need.)

So they put Zorin on.

I liked the look of it straight off. The only thing I dislike about it is that I prefer Ubuntu 11.4 (and the earlier versions') drop down boxes. I really liked that feature. I say "liked" because when I got the laptop home and found it was so brilliant. (I haven't been this impressed with a system since Ubuntu UE) I put it on my PC.

I couldn't get the sound recorder to work with Ubuntu 11 and the windows I had opened got lost if I minimised them (no panel for some reason.) So now I have an almost perfect OS on both my machines thanks.

No donation yet as I am unemployed but I have a job from tomorrow so maybe I'll buy a USB with it off you to help spread the word.

One other niggle...
I can't save Print Screens.
Why doesn't it offer to Save As when I click a print?
That's a stupid overisght.

Or is it my fault?
Thanks for a brilliant engine. I really am like a dog with two tails and three dinners and yesterday's breakfast to look forward to.

Mike.

madvinegar

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:47:19 pm

Hi Mike.
I think that the printscreens are automatically saved in your "pictures" folder.