This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin 12 lts

wavetech

Tue May 31, 2016 11:21:13 am

Hello fellow zorin bloggers i have zorin 10 running ubuntu 15.10 wiley fox is this the same as zorin 11 also when will zorin 12 Lts be released so that i can update i thought it was due to be released in april however this was not the case. :)

Swarfendor437

Tue May 31, 2016 6:22:27 pm

Hi, Zorin 10 was based on 15.04 NOT 15.10! ;) Support for Zorin 10 ceased at the end of January this year, just like Ubuntu 15.04. You have to remember that any 'main' distro release will not have a 'forked' release at the same time - devs of 'forked' distributions have to look at how the main distro is put together and then look at how they can 'tweak' it to match the look and feel of the fork - this can take anything up to 3 months plus depending on the level of complexity/changes of the main distribution, plus how many devs are available to work on it. Apart from the Zorin brothers there are only 2 more developers employed by the Zorin project, so you can see it cannot compare to larger distributions. Be patient 12 will be on its way soon! My advice would be to drop back to Zorin 9 which is long term support until April 2019 - just like Ubuntu 14.04 on which it is based. ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:57:35 pm

OK, all I can say at the moment is that the team are currently working on putting Zorin 12 together - but please be patient - quality takes time - creating poor releases is not in Zorin's or any members/users interests. There is no official release date - if you need a LTS release then please look at Zorin 9 for the time being as it is supported until April 2019. Enjoy what is left of your weekend.

Get Zorin 9 here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zorin-os/files/9/

:D

poliltimmy

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:53:37 pm

Will it ship with the crash prone 4.4 kernel?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:50:51 am

I am not privy to what the Team are going to do in respect of kernel etc, just know that they are heavily engaged in the next LTS of Zorin - and as they have always released stable distributions, just wait and see. ;)