This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Question on Purchasing Zorin Ultimate

atari800

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:24:48 pm

I really like Zorin a lot. I use Linux Mint and Ubuntu Mate on my machines. I had a spare machine that had nothing on it. I downloaded Zorin11 and love it.
My question is that if I purchase Zorin 11 and 4 days later Zorin 12 is release, is there a grace period to get the Zorin 12 ultimate or is that a new purchase?

*I know $11 isnt much but with my luck lately, I can make the purchase and hit refresh on the download screen and Zorin 12 would be released.

svx-biker

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:39:42 pm

I don't think you can currently buy any Zorin 11 as it's even off the download page and out of service.

Just wait for Zorin 12 and enjoy the current setup till then.

atari800

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:32:59 pm

Really?
I went thru the process up to the paypal stage then stopped

---edit---
Well what do you know - it is redirecting back to Zorin 9

MBMz10

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:51:56 am

Well Zorin OS 9 is supported till 2019 I believe, give it a go or do as svx-biker said and wait for OS 12.
Zorin OS 9 is as they say rock solid stable, I have been trying to destroy mine for the last few years but just can't...
A 'beta' or release candidate of OS 12 is due out very soon, so likely a few weeks or so after that till the full version and/or Ultimate versions are available.

atari800

Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47:18 am

still... is there a grace period on purchasing?

MBMz10

Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34:20 pm

Well it isn't on the download page (as mentioned above) so I guess that answers your question.

xspartacusx

Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:49:25 am

atari800 wrote:I really like Zorin a lot. I use Linux Mint and Ubuntu Mate on my machines. I had a spare machine that had nothing on it. I downloaded Zorin11 and love it.
My question is that if I purchase Zorin 11 and 4 days later Zorin 12 is release, is there a grace period to get the Zorin 12 ultimate or is that a new purchase?

*I know $11 isnt much but with my luck lately, I can make the purchase and hit refresh on the download screen and Zorin 12 would be released.

no, theres no upgrade. if you want the next release you need to uninstall your current Zorin OS and purchase the next one and install it. no upgrades, no grace periods, must re-purchase the new one if you want it.

also if you want OS 11, you can find it on the sourceforge website.

[Edited by Moderator 19.8.2016]

atari800

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:38:02 am

MBMz10 wrote:Well it isn't on the download page (as mentioned above) so I guess that answers your question.

No, it doesn't. Pulling Zorin 11 off the download page brings up a totally different question of "Why did they pull Zorin 11 from download page?" but doesnt answer "Is there a grace period?"

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:46:01 am

@atari800, we need to be clear as to whether you have paid for Ultimate - if you have then you can always contact the team via the main website but beware that they are still working hard to bring out a release candidate for the rest of us to try so be patient. As for pulling 11 from the main site, many consumers would complain if another OS was being offered up for grabs when there are no longer security updates being provided. I have advised elsewhere on here that Core and Lite versions of 11 are still available from the project's sourceforge.net web page.

xspartacusx

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:50:14 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:@atari800, we need to be clear as to whether you have paid for Ultimate - if you have then you can always contact the team via the main website but beware that they are still working hard to bring out a release candidate for the rest of us to try so be patient. As for pulling 11 from the main site, many consumers would complain if another OS was being offered up for grabs when there are no longer security updates being provided. I have advised elsewhere on here that Core and Lite versions of 11 are still available from the project's sourceforge.net web page.

Yes, "core" and "Lite" are still offered on SourceForge. I'm not sure why the downloads or purchase links were removed from the website. I'd suggest contacting the team directly to find out why.

If you want Ultimate for Zorin 11, find a torrent site that has it offered by a user.

atari800

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:13:51 am

I guess my threads intent didnt come across as I'd hoped...
I really like Zorin.
I want to get the latest version (when available)
Version 11 "was" there on the download site with ULTIMATE.
Reading that 12 was being developed, I asked if I ordered 11 and 12 came out in an extremely short amount of time, if I could get grandfathered to 12.

I will wait for 12 and purchase ultimate then.

Thanks all