This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wonderful Job, Guys!

mdiemer

Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:14:07 pm

I installed Zorin 12 Core last night, and it works perfectly so far. The map and weather apps are great. I was concerned my sound problem might not have been solved, but it appears that it has been. (Briefly, on the Beta live dvd, if I didn't have my external audio interface plugged-in at start-up, it wouldn't work. But it is working fine). I have TB mail up and running and imported my inbox from Ubuntu. I am giving Chromium a try, as it is so fast and stable it is hard not to use. I'm using the new tab as my start page, and Duck Duck as my search engine, thus hoping to avoid Google integration. And of course I don't sign in to the Chrome store.

This is a beautiful, fast, efficient and intuitive operating system, well worth the wait. Thanks guys!

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:10:41 pm

mdiemer wrote:I installed Zorin 12 Core last night, and it works perfectly so far. The map and weather apps are great. I was concerned my sound problem might not have been solved, but it appears that it has been. (Briefly, on the Beta live dvd, if I didn't have my external audio interface plugged-in at start-up, it wouldn't work. But it is working fine). I have TB mail up and running and imported my inbox from Ubuntu. I am giving Chromium a try, as it is so fast and stable it is hard not to use. I'm using the new tab as my start page, and Duck Duck as my search engine, thus hoping to avoid Google integration. And of course I don't sign in to the Chrome store.

This is a beautiful, fast, efficient and intuitive operating system, well worth the wait. Thanks guys!

You can also use ixquick.com for your search engine - it uses Google search engine but makes it TOTALLY private - even your ip address isn't recorded and no adverts! ;) :D