This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Someone requested a guide on installing 12?

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:39:41 am

Hi,

I can't remember if it was PM sent to me or on another thread - at the moment I am busy backing up a Family Member's computer to transfer everything onto a new PC I built for them (spec: CoolerMaster 650 Slilencio Mid Tower, ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII with Skylake Processor (i7 6800K) with CoolerMaster CPU Cooler, CoolerMaster 650W Gold Power Supply, EVGA nVidia 750Ti (2 Gb), 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM (2 x 4 Gb) - there old drive once I have transferred all the Windows and Office Licences will get Zorin 12 on the hot bay drive from the old machine so you will have to wait peeps! ;) :D

star treker

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:26:59 am

You never do disapoint do you Swarf? Your dedication is admirable and appreciated as always. I too will have a lot of work ahead of me with installing Zorin on two computers, with one being the file server that will require physical drive replacement as well. But I just found out about a major deal breaker glitch with the ultimate paid installer crashing at ubiquity, and I am like, seriously? So lets hope that issue can get fixed ASAP, as I can't justify purchasing Zorin until the installer has been fixed.

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:53:24 pm

Hi, not got round to doing an install yet of Ultimate but will let you know in due course - You checked the md5sum? You made sure that the drive to be installed to was unmounted? Did you use an 'automatic' install? I always go for the 'something else' method for solid install.

1. Create Primary partition for '/' of 30720 Mib (30 Gb) for the root partition, formatted to ext4

2. Create an 'extended partition' - at the END create the swap area of 4096 Mib (4 Gb) - all that is left BEFORE it formatted to ext4 fs and marked as '/home'

Then install with GRUB on sda1. ;) :D