This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

On screen keyboard not working correctly in Zorin 12

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:45:50 am

Just been playing with the accessibility options and the onscreen keyboard has an issue:

onscreen keyboard and menu.jpg

It appears to take up most of the bottom of the screen but only activated if you place the mouse on the Menu button (Z).

star treker

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:23:18 am

WOW, to be needing a OSK, you must have installed this on a tablet? I am aware that Zorin OS 12 appears to be designed to work on tablets which is really cool, however I am sure most people will be running Zorin on a desktop or notebook as I am. However, thats not to say that any glitches shouldn't be fixed, and if there is an issue with Zorin OSK for tablets, it would be good if Zorin can correct the issue.

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01:27 pm

That screengrab is of a 24" Viewsonic Monitor attached to the Rig in my sig. :lol:

star treker

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:05:43 pm

Ya, since you posted this thread, I discovered the OSD ON/OFF on the system. I didn't want to turn it on since 1, I don't need it with having an external keyboard attached, and 2, didn't want to risk bricking the system doing so. lol

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:09:12 pm

You can't really brick a system using Accessibility options - if you can then the system is at fault for not integrating Accessibility correctly - the last OS to get it right was Pear OS 8. ;)