This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

About installing

Pally

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:43:34 am

Greetings, im a computer repair professional and i would like to know if i am allowed to install Zorin OS 5 onto my clients computers if they do not want to spend money on Windows, and charge a symbolic fee for this service?

Thanks!

Pally

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:55:29 pm

Is this part of User agreement for zorin OS? Or is this something one should do by his own will? :)

Wolfman

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15:24 am

Hi,

my 2 cents worth is that basically you are getting the OS for free so therefore cannot charge a person for the OS, you can of course charge them for the work you do!!.
As Swarfendor has already said, it would be nice to make a donation.

If you start making copies of Zorin Os to sell them, then you are obliged to pay for those copies as Zorin "Free" is cost free!!. If you want to make a business out of it, then download one of the pay versions for your customers and install it for them, then you can charge them for the OS because you will have to recover your costs for the OS!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Pally

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:50:01 pm

God forbid, i have no intention of making copies of Linux to sell them, im not an asshole by any means. All i want to do is get people of my small town of microsoft windows and other microsoft stuff that is way to expensive. The fee i might charge for my work of installing and configuring it is nothing more than symbolic. I will even dedicate whole section of my website to this os with all the links to its developer website and download links etc.

Wolfman

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:03:16 pm

Hi,

by all means go ahead and help the people in your town and spread the word :D (Just make sure you cover your expenses :D )

Good luck :D

Regards Wolfman :D