This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

A return to Linux?

andym

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:39:20 pm

Hey guys,
I only just found out about this distro. I used Ubuntu up until 2 years ago and loved it, but had to return to windows to run my seo programs.
Can anyone tell me how the emulator performs?
I run progs like SeoPowersuite, Traffic Travis and Market Samurai. Will these work as they should? I'm sure someone here will know from first hand experience.

I can't wait to get back into Linux again. :D

andym

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:03:01 pm

Yes, I think you are right. The Powersuite has a linux version and it runs on Java. I'll have to check that my licence is good for both platforms...I see no reason it would not.

I had some weird experiences with wine last time around, I think I messed everything up and even apps that should have worked did not.
Perhaps I should start searching for some wine tutorials before diving in again.

Is the lite version distributed with wine? I'm thinking of starting with the free version and adding everything I want. I think the Ultimate version would have too much bloatware for my needs. (sorry...bloatware is not a very kind word, but you understand my meaning I guess.)

Cheers
Andy