This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What's your Desktop Look Like?

comsparks

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:27:59 pm

I have a Japanese Themed desktop that I put together using Cairo. I also found a real nice music piece that I clipped and added a fade at the end for my email. If you want I can send it to you. I really love this Zorin 5.2!

[url][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/screenshotes.png/]Image[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

madvinegar

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46:26 am

Mine

Auldyin

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:58:54 pm

Just an old-fashioned one but its what I like

Screenshot-5.jpg
Screenshot-5.jpg (162.06 KiB)

Wolfman

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:27:01 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Here's my alienbreed desktop.

Screenshot.png

Hi Swarf,

what theme are you using and where on Mars did you get it :D

Regards Wolfman :D

Ex_

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19:34 am

Am I to understand that Zorin is also getting away from the previous "easy" desktop and adopting Gnome3 and Unity?

Ex_

Wolfman

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:40:51 am

Ex_ wrote:Am I to understand that Zorin is also getting away from the previous "easy" desktop and adopting Gnome3 and Unity?

Ex_

In a word "Yes", Zorin 6 will be based on Gnome 3!!. (yes! I know, I am not too happy either!!)

I forgot to edit this earlier!!. Please see this link about Zorin 6:

http://zoringroup.com/blog/2012/03/22/m ... orin-os-6/

Wolfman

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:30:16 am

Hi Swarf,

thanks for the link, below is a pic of my new desktop!!.

Workspace 1_001.png
Workspace 1_001.png (328.09 KiB)

Wolfman

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49:37 am

Hi Swarf,

the pic came "as is", it is a part of the background desktop collection in the package that came with the theme!!.

Thanks once again :D

Rob Rakis

Sun May 13, 2012 1:06:34 pm

Hey all! Sorry about the full size image, it's been a while since I used imageshack...

I've switched over to Zorin from a direct Ubuntu install because I just couldn't get Precise to look and behave as well as I can Zorin.

Wolfman

Sun May 13, 2012 1:41:55 pm

Hi Rob,

is that desktop pic from you or is it a part of the ubuntu 12.04 background pics package??.

Welcome to the forum by the way, you are just in time to start another install of Zorin 6 (Zorin 6 Lite is already available) when it becomes available!! :D :D

steviejay

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:41:58 pm

Hi, I've just switch here also for similar reasons to Rob Rakis. My issues were with Mint Cinnamon. Loving Zorin.

Image Image

kengator

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:29:39 pm

Hi Swarf,

I love your dark alien theme. Based on the date of your post, I assume that your theme was applies to Zorin 5.2. Can it also be installed with Zorin 6? I'm not quite up to speed on behind-the-scenes differences between Gnome 2 and 3. If yes, can I talk you into providing step-by-step instructions for applying the theme?

Best regards,

kengator

frits

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:19:42 pm

Mine on my "daily use" netbook.

Made some changes on the Gnome lay-out. I can not use the switcher anymore. Then I will get the original back when I come from XP or Win 7. But I like the one I have now the best.

Basis Zorin 5.2 Core with 2 docks like Pinguy and took away the menu and added Mintmenu.

Stable and very fast on my netbook. :D

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10 ... drukc.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14 ... ruk1k.png/

bra333

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57:34 pm

madvinegar

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17:32 am

I decided to keep it clean and simple this time...

madvinegar

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48:34 pm

or...

(Swarf this is unity look :mrgreen: )

Gonz

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:52:51 pm

I like that desktop madvinegar :!:
How can I get those date and time widgies :?:

Old skool layout with a custom wallpaper:

madvinegar

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:36:05 pm

Gonz wrote:How can I get those date and time widgies :?:

I have already prepared a nice guide.... :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316

madvinegar

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17:06 am

Anyone know how to give a glass effect on the top panel bar...?

Gonz

Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:37:12 pm

one more ...

madvinegar

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:37:29 am

swarfendor437 wrote:
Just get rid of that silly bar on the left will you?

LooooooL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An no, the tiger is not my artwork. I just found it on the internet and I liked the electric-blue colour that looks nice with Zorin theme. :mrgreen:

Gonz

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:27:00 pm

Last one ... i promise :lol:

Wolfman

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:38:23 am

Hi Gonz,

you have some nice pics for your desktop, where you do get them from?.

Gonz

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:52:08 am

Thanks Wolfman - have collected them from random googled wallpaper sites throught the years. I usually end up saving either the 'abstracts' and the 'technical' ones. Changes are made to most of them to fit the theme like color and either adding or deleting something from them.

spavila

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28:31 pm

I got tired of the Windows 7 mode and I have to admit it is still a bit buggy in that sometimes it gets stuck or the search function is not working properly; therefore, I changed it with Cairo-Dock. Also, I started using the Screenlet System Monitor but it was to generic and I was always getting an error message on bootup; therefore, I started experimenting with Conky. I am still configuring my Conky setup which is a work in progress. This is what my desktop looks like at this time.

kengator

Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:02:33 am

Desktop so far. I started picking apart the Alienware Darkstar theme and adding what I like.

kengator

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:57:32 pm

Thanks Swarfendor. I'm certainly not as smart as it may sound. It seems that 12.04 allows more customization of individual elements of themes than 11.10. I'll try to briefly document the steps:
Background - search google images for "ships_cap_vehicles_ship_center-left_desktop". I just happened upon this background.

Conky - just madvinegar's conky per his well-written instructions.

Now the good stuff: extract the "Alienware Star Themes Pack" tarball into any personal folder. There are 20 subfolders in it.
Font: Go into "Alienware Star Themes">font and copy and install the dungeon font to .fonts folder in your home folder. You can create the folder if it doesn't exist. Change fonts with "Advanced Settings>Fonts>Default fonts>Dungeon.

Icons:Use "Ubuntu Tweak">Tweaks>Theme>Install theme. Navigate to the LaGaDesk-BlueNight.tar.gz file in "Alienware Star Themes Pack">Icon-theme and install. Then apply the icon theme with Ubuntu tweak. You have to log out and log in to see everything correctly.

The above with Windows7 look in Zorin is all I've done. These are other things that you can do:
Gnomenu: You can install the Alienware Gnomenu much the same way as icons under gnomenu>preferences>themes>"menu selection">install. Browse to "Alienware Star Themes Pack">Gnomenu>menu>AlienWare_Bluestar.tar.gz. Warning: You may get an error when gnomenu tries to re-start. There's a .png file missing that gnomenu looks for when booting. Navigate to the folder in the error message and create the missing file by copying any of the other .png files in the folder. You then get the alienware gnomenu. I did but it was a little too dark for me.

Sound: you can read the install.sh file in the theme pack main folder and recreate what the install script does if you like.

GTK theme: I haven't figured this one out yet. Gtk2 and Gtk3 are very different and I'm still working on creating a Gtk3 theme for this. Until I or someone else does, I'm on the lookout for a published Gtk3 theme which will compliment my current desktop. Plastiq (sp?) looks promising. Any suggestions are welcome.

There's a lot of other stuff in the theme pack: splash windows, screensavers, cursor, alienware backgrounds, etc. Again, the install.sh script give a lot of info that can help. I'll continue to play around with these elements and let you know what I find.

Sorry to be so long-winded. I've tried not to be too ambiguous. If you need any help, feel free to post and I'll answer as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

kengator

Gonz

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49:04 pm

rainy day today :mrgreen:

madvinegar

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:50:38 am

A small improvement to my desktop.
I wanted to change the color of my bar from grey to black. The only available theme was "ambiance" but I did not like the orange highlighted selections (ubuntu color). I wanted it to be blue to look better in zorin.
So I found in gnome-look.org a theme called "ambiance-cranchy-blue" which, essentially, is the ambiance theme with blue highlighted selections. :)

madvinegar

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:22:58 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Good job Gonz and madvinegar!

I was expecting a different reply from you swarf..

I was expecting from you to say that "an improvement to my desktop would be to get rid of that side-bar"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BubbaBlues

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:24:27 pm

You guys have some really awesome desktops. I like conky but I never figured out how to configure it. I t always looks crappy for me. :roll:

Wolfman

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:17:40 pm

You like blue I take it Swarf?? :D :D :D :D :D

Here is mine:
Workspace 1_002.png

kengator

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:20:50 am

Wolfman,

Your background is an image from Prince of Persia. I found it first time on Google images. It's probably sad that I remember such trivia but for now I'll pat myself on the back just a little. :)

Regards,

kengator

madvinegar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:20:47 pm

Zorin 6 32bit ultimate edition
Gnome look with the lower bar deleted
Docky bar on the bottom
Gtk Theme: Ambiance cranchy blue
Conky lua for Zorin
Mountain lion OSX wallpaper

Wolfman

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:26:26 pm

kengator wrote:Wolfman,

Your background is an image from Prince of Persia. I found it first time on Google images. It's probably sad that I remember such trivia but for now I'll pat myself on the back just a little. :)

Regards,

kengator

Hi Ken,

I picked it up off of a fantasy wallpaper website some time ago; I didn't know it was from the Prince of Persia!!.

@MV,

I like the wallpaper, can you post it here??. Thanks.

madvinegar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:14:44 pm

MMTMM

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:34:23 am

Here is my brand spanking new Zorin Lite 6.1!

Since it's a 32 Ford, I used a Ford font for the pavement markings, and added the Zorin orb to the middle butterfly. (Although I think I need to tweak the orb a little more.)

Wolfman

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:24:56 am

Great pic :D :D :D

nomad117

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:45:29 am

Auldyin

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22:30 pm

This was my last version of Zorin 6 on a USB stick before I decided to stay with Zorin 5.2

Zorin6.jpg

I get bored with the same background and couldn't get my favourite Cosmos from 5.2 on 6..

Cheers Auldyin

:? 8-) :lol: :roll: :D

MMTMM

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41:22 pm

Cheers swarfendor437! There's a guy here in town that has the exact same car as the wallpaper that he restored himself. (Exact same pipes as well). But his is a deep rich orange, black cloth-looking roof patch, and black-wall tires instead of gangster white-walls. It is Baaa-Dassss!

wob24v

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:50:45 pm

brand new to zorin, or linux for that matter

blfriis

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:37:11 pm

My new lap top

MMTMM

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37:55 am

blfriis wrote:My new lap top.

YOW!!! Where did you get those gauges? I've got the perfect wallpaper to go with those.

blfriis

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31:12 am

You have to install screenlets and screenlets-pack-all.Its in the software center or use this.
Code:
sudo apt-get install screenlets && screenlets-pack-all

Wolfman

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBsZvno_tDY

The PPA is already there in 12.04.

MMTMM

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:45:21 pm

:D CHEERS! Have a look. This is my Zorin Lite 6.1. I've got 2 conkys running as well, one for time, and one for the date (on the license plate). I've got this same wallpaper on my Bodhi machine, but I think I'm going to change that one soon. Thanks for the info!!!

PirateMouse

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:59:42 pm

wob24v wrote:brand new to zorin, or linux for that matter

I love that wallpaper. May I ask where you got it?

BubbaBlues

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:05:26 pm

Does this make me look old? 8-)

Wolfman

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:15:44 am

Hi BB,

that depends on your definition of old, I am 58, is that old??.

MMTMM

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:40:35 pm

BubbaBlues wrote:Does this make me look old? 8-)

:lol: This poster is on the wall of my computer room AND I am the original owner since 1971!

Want some more trivia?

The camera I used to take this pic is an old Sony Mavica that only uses 3.5 floppy disks. What the hell, it still works!

spavila

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:55:16 pm

blfriis wrote:My new lap top

How do you get the menu bar (Gnome foot menu) to that color? I'd like to update the light-grey in the Windows 7 look.

spavila

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:57:16 am

swarfendor437 wrote:To get the gnome foot, right-click the Z menu and select preferences, then change the z button to the gnoblu one and see the gnome foot appear!

Thanks for your quick response. I think when added (Gnome foot menu) in my post that I meant the entire menu not just the button.

My goal is to change the light grey back ground where the Z-globe is and the light grey back ground where the date and time are to black instead of grey.
I want it to look like how BLFRIIS has his menu bar setup. I'm getting tired of the grey look (lol).

Wolfman

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:23:12 am

swarfendor437 wrote:@MMTM - love that car chase desktop and the conky on the licence plate!

@Wolfman - 58 is not old, it's how you feel ....! :D that matters!

The first multi keep on truckin reminds me of the Ogri style Cartoons from Bike Magazine!

Hi Swarf,

I know 58 isn't old, its my women that keeps me young :D :D :D :D

BubbaBlues

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:26:24 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi BB,

that depends on your definition of old, I am 58, is that old??.

I'm 57 and I still feel like I'm 25 in my mind but then my body quickly reminds me that I'm not. :roll:

Wolfman

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18:49 am

Hi Bubba,

my body tells me I am 95!!!! :D :D :D :D

(I have problems with my spine after 3 separate work related accidents)

madvinegar

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42:58 am

Is this a "who is older but feels younger" contest? :lol:

Wolfman

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:30:42 pm

madvinegar wrote:Is this a "who is older but feels younger" contest? :lol:

Yes MV,

you can join in too :D :D :D :D :D

blfriis

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:38:05 pm

spavila wrote:
swarfendor437 wrote:To get the gnome foot, right-click the Z menu and select preferences, then change the z button to the gnoblu one and see the gnome foot appear!

Thanks for your quick response. I think when added (Gnome foot menu) in my post that I meant the entire menu not just the button.

My goal is to change the light grey back ground where the Z-globe is and the light grey back ground where the date and time are to black instead of grey.
I want it to look like how BLFRIIS has his menu bar setup. I'm getting tired of the grey look (lol).

Hi Spaville these are my settings first my themes

Now right click on the awn panel and choose settings then themes andthen "customize" and tick "use Gtktheme colours " that's how i did it.

madvinegar

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01:37 pm

Wolfman wrote:
madvinegar wrote:Is this a "who is older but feels younger" contest? :lol:

Yes MV,

you can join in too :D :D :D :D :D

I don't know if you will accept me. I am 32 years old. :mrgreen:

Auldyin

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:26:58 pm

Now children BEHAVE

Cheers Auldyin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

madvinegar

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:59:20 pm

Auldyin wrote:Now children BEHAVE

Cheers Auldyin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

madvinegar

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21:26 am

swarfendor437 wrote:
Now lets just say I could be Wolfman's younger brother and madvinegar's Dad! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KarterJK

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58:41 pm

Will the real Windows 7 please stand up

Since I do like my Aero screens from Win7, and because I am learning the ins and outs of Linux, I tried to set up my screens and functions to be similiar. so here they are

My Zorin OS 6 Screen

My Windows 7 Screen

With the exception of the Zorin sidebar (provided by Docky) and background, they are pretty close to the same, don't you think?
I Downloaded one of the Windows 7 packs for GnoMenu which gives me the same type Areo Windows (see the Google Chrome browser thats running on the Zorin screen) and functionality. I like the Win7 screen mainly because the grab bars on the screen are handlebars, which I find it easier to grab and resize my screens with. I normally use Firefox, I just happened to be playing with Google and there apps here.

You might even notice I altered the little portrait image icon on the Zorin Menu.

All and all I thought a pretty good match up. On the windows screen you can see at the bottom I am running my Zorin OS in the background via VMWare, which makes it real easy to switch.

. . . :roll: . . .

efwis

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:57:36 pm

this is my Zorin 6 system, as you can see I prefer a clean desktop, nothing as fancy as some i have seen, but i enjoy it.

spavila

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37:35 am

Using Gnome Shell in Zorin OS 6 -- below are some screenshots:

ak1ovic

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:55:46 am

comsparks wrote:I have a Japanese Themed desktop that I put together using Cairo. I also found a real nice music piece that I clipped and added a fade at the end for my email. If you want I can send it to you. I really love this Zorin 5.2!

[url][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/screenshotes.png/]Image[/url]

That looks like a scene from an old windows game I used to play about 12 yrs ago. It was called FungWan Online based on the manga comic series Storm Riders(english translation).If you are an exFWO'r then Judas waves a hand :lol:

crabbos

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:59:13 pm

ak1ovic wrote:
comsparks wrote:I have a Japanese Themed desktop that I put together using Cairo. I also found a real nice music piece that I clipped and added a fade at the end for my email. If you want I can send it to you. I really love this Zorin 5.2!

That looks like a scene from an old windows game I used to play about 12 yrs ago. It was called FungWan Online based on the manga comic series Storm Riders(english translation).If you are an exFWO'r then Judas waves a hand :lol:

That game was so darn good! Some of the best character animations ever and relic/clan wars were epic. Man I really miss that game.

ak1ovic

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55:37 am

crabbos wrote:That game was so darn good! Some of the best character animations ever and relic/clan wars were epic. Man I really miss that game.

I actually mis spoke.It wasnt a windows game , although most of us were running windows at the time. It was actually written in Linux and the server ran natively on Linux . There are actually 2 servers still that are keeping FWO alive. FWU is one and you can google/duckduckgo , and FCO . FCO is an old beta2 guy that brought it back to life and FWU is a malaysian guy that has $$ for pupils. Take your pick. I really miss that game too and feel sorry for all the people that never got to play it and probably never will.

gungadinn

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:31:39 am

I installed Zorin OS 6.2 Core two weeks ago. Just realized Cairo Dock is also installed, but still using AWN for now, with Delorean-Dark theme, a conky script I found somewhere and Clearweather, since AWN weather applet doesn't work. And also using Rainlendar desktop calendar.

gungadinn

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:49:56 am

Thanks for the tip. I logged into CD session and tried Cairo Dock for a while, but I still find it actually has too many options and is not as easy to configure as AWN or Docky. I went back to AWN because it's simple and does everything I need.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50:55 pm

Something on the far side !!!! :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:34:52 am

Here's another one !!!! :D :D

BubbaBlues

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:06:08 pm

This is my Zorin 7 desktop.

Uzi

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18:45 am

My Zorin 6.3 core

desk.jpg

Wolfman

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:36:43 am

My current Zorin 7 DE in Win7 look:
Workspace 1_008.jpg

madvinegar

Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:02:14 am

Very nice WM! The dock you are using, is it the cairo dock?

madvinegar

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:16:28 pm

This is dedicated to swarf... :lol:

My ubuntu 13.04 desktop with fs-icons and sysmonitor screenlet.
(click on the pics to see them enlarged).

BubbaBlues

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:58:08 pm

These themes are driving me nuts but I think I finally hit on one I can live with. 8-)

Wolfman

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:19:26 am

madvinegar wrote:Very nice WM! The dock you are using, is it the cairo dock?

Hi MV,

Swarf assumed correctly that it is simply the AWN panel with an additional top panel, very simple to maintain!.

Wolfman

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20:44 am

BubbaBlues wrote:These themes are driving me nuts but I think I finally hit on one I can live with. 8-)

Hi BB,

what theme is that?, it looks good as I like dark themes myself!!.

madvinegar

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:05:09 am

Wolfman wrote:I like dark themes

At least now we know who Batman is... :lol:

BubbaBlues

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:08:46 pm

Wolfman wrote:
BubbaBlues wrote:These themes are driving me nuts but I think I finally hit on one I can live with. 8-)

Hi BB,

what theme is that?, it looks good as I like dark themes myself!!.

I hope you have better luck with it than I did. Every time I get a theme I like, it breaks my window functions. I had to change it. I assume it's because of compiz but I don't know how to fix it. Once a window is maximized, the close, min, and max buttons don't work and I have to use alt + f7 to get it down.

Anonymous

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:23:22 pm

BubbaBlues > Look at the link I added for everyone...it's pretty much self-help !!!!

Look real close look at the Tweak Panels in the Screenshots, for they explain everything relating to the theme..

: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4870

If you get in a major jam, let me know and I'll get ya going in the right direction.
The portion of the page is to match the Awn Panel with the theme itself.
I'm sure you already know what happens to the panel when a GTK-3 theme is applied.

Just give me a buzz !! :D :D

BubbaBlues

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:34:51 pm

Thanks datek1. I added the Delorean Dark to my awn panel themes. I love the blue. But it's the window title bar that gives me fits.
However, it's stable right now so maybe if I don't bump it or anything it'll stay. hehe

Anonymous

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:42:43 pm

Use the Dark Cloud "Windows Border Theme ", because it works and looks great with all dark related GTK-3 themes.
It can be downloaded from the same place as the others.
You can see what it looks like in the Screenshot below !!!!

Note : Don't go to dark with any of the themes, because it causes major problems when trying to copy text from the desktop or Web Page ect.

BubbaBlues

Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:08:15 am

I never found Dark Cloud but I found Dark Cold and it's awesome!

Wolfman

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:12:12 am

Hi BB,

you still haven't told us where you "found" it??. (Looks good though, btw way MV & Swarf, I am not Batman, I am more like the "Joker" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

This might interest some of you:

http://www.noobslab.com/2011/11/themes- ... unity.html

BubbaBlues

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:20:12 pm

Sorry, Dark Cold can be found here http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=143165

Anonymous

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10:27 pm

BubbaBlues wrote:Sorry, Dark Cold can be found here http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=143165

Maybe in a couple of days, I can match the panel part. This one will be a little harder.
And get the Windows Border part to comply !!!!
Right now it's worthless for the regular zorin desktop.
Windows Border freezes when you try to close the window.

Other than that it's a very nice dark theme...one of the best I've seen yet.
Least I know why your not using the regular desktop !!!! :D :D " Right "

Wolfman

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00:09 am

Hi all,

I think the reason you are having problems with some of the themes is because you are trying to use the GTK3 themes when you should be sticking to the GTK2 themes instead!!.

The GTK3 themes work better in a full GTK3 environment which would be basically a full blown Gnome 3 desktop!!. Stick to the GTK2 themes only!.

Also it is important to note that when using the GTK2 themes in Zorin 7; that you also install the GTK2 engine corresponding to the theme if it is available!!. Open Synaptic and type "gtk2 engine" in search and you will see what I mean!.

BubbaBlues

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:54:08 pm

datek1 wrote:
BubbaBlues wrote:Sorry, Dark Cold can be found here http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=143165

Maybe in a couple of days, I can match the panel part. This one will be a little harder.

That's what I've been having problems with on every theme. I first tried the gtk2 engine and themes and they
didn't work either. . . I'll try again. i'm starting to become disenchanted after three days of trying to get a
theme, any theme that looks good to work.

Anonymous

Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:20:45 pm

BubbaBlues wrote:
datek1 wrote:

That's what I've been having problems with on every theme. I first tried the gtk2 engine and themes and they
didn't work either. . . I'll try again. i'm starting to become disenchanted after three days of trying to get a
theme, any theme that looks good to work.

BB > I'm in the process of the situation at hand with that one theme, for I don't give up that easy.
The color coding is the hard part I need to match...and that will take a couple of hours at least.
The Windows Border part is a piece of cake compared to the color coding of the panel !!!!
Don't give up on the themes, for when I start something...sometimes I've stayed up for days > "3 and 4 " til I figured things out !!!!!!!!

PS > Don't even bother with GTK-2...unless your that bored !!!! :roll: :roll:

I revised a Ubuntu Theme > Gnomishish Dark Like for Windows 8.1....almost finished.
Somesome made the first for the Windows 8, I updated it...so the Theme would work with 8.1
If everything works out I'll post it in the Themes Section. " I know one person that will be very curious " !!!! :lol: :lol:

BubbaBlues

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:42:27 pm

I've been running Mint KDE ever since gnome 3 came out precisely because of stuff like this. I haven't seen a single OS running gnome3
that didn't have bugs because of it. I love Zorin OS and I believe it's the best gnome based os out there and certainly don't fault Zorin for
any problems. It's been a couple of years now and it still ticks me off that they screwed gnome up so bad. :roll:

BubbaBlues

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:51:42 pm

Well I nabbed the bottom one datek1. Thanks bud.

Wolfman

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40:44 am

Hi all,

nice little collection of themes here:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/05/zonc ... for-ubuntu

Various colours for all tastes:
Workspace 1_012.jpg

Snowy Rivers

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:02:49 pm

I just got zorin and love it.

Installed on a fresh box thats never been contaminated by the WIN :lol:
Iam using a 42 inch lcd screen as the monitor

Wolfman

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:37:14 am

Wow, I like the wallpaer behind the TV!!. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Looks great but the screen is too high for my aging neck muscles!!.

Decimator Omega

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:57:31 am

Contra

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:23:02 am

this is mine

dadster

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:39:51 am

Hi all,

Running Zorin 6 and everything works. I love it. Even got Oovoo working web cam and all in virtualbox. I've used Remastersys to clone my Zorin now that everything works so I'll be using this set-up for a long time.

Great job Zorin team for turning out a great distro.

[url][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/h7yy.jpg/]Image[/url]

Swarfendor437

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:14:02 pm

Nice screenshot dadster! :D

dadster

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:57:12 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Nice screenshot dadster! :D

Thanks Swarfendor437.

After many years of jumping from one distro to another, I really enjoy Zorin. Very easy to configure to suit my needs as my everyday OS.

gvhools

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:12:24 am

My Zorin Lite:

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:39:51 pm

Now that looks like the power of Goo! (the game!) :D Nice one!

zorinfan247

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:35:17 pm

Auldyin wrote:Just an old-fashioned one but its what I like

The attachment Screenshot-5.jpg is no longer available

I like your desktop. I wonder what program that is broadcasting video you have? Here is my desktop with this reply post.

zorinfan247

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:43:34 pm

gvhools wrote:My Zorin Lite:

I like your wallpaper, here is my dark theme in firefox, let me know what you think?

zorinfan247

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:53:35 pm

I wanted to post my dark theme desktop wich includes my firefox theme too!!

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13:32 am

Screenshot 7.jpg

Auldyin

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:24:11 pm

zorinfan247 wrote:
Auldyin wrote:Just an old-fashioned one but its what I like

Screenshot-5.jpg

I like your desktop. I wonder what program that is broadcasting video you have? Here is my desktop with this reply post.

Hi zorinfan247

Just noticed your post. The prog is called Livestation http://www.livestation.com/en unfortunately I no longer use it. It no longer allows user submitted stations and doesn't work well in Linux any more.

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Contra

Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:54:15 pm

here's to Resurrection

Wolfman

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:01:53 pm

Nice!. :D :D :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:52:03 pm

In memory of Pear - and it seems more stable in Zorin 8! :D :

42.jpg

Screenshot starcraft.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot 1_aura.jpg

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:32:28 am

Latest:

18.jpg

Anonymous

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:56:12 pm

Here is mine.

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:02:24 pm

Nice background Mythx.

My latest:

38.jpg

Anonymous

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:15:29 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Nice background Mythx.

Thanks. One of the things I face in life is High Anxiety. When seeking backgrounds for my desktop, I try to go with something that connects with me and can bring emotions out.

If anyone is interested in the background, PM me for a download link. 8-)

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:30:30 pm

My Current Desktop! :D

09.jpg