This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I'm a convert

smhardesty

Thu May 31, 2012 1:34:05 pm

I downloaded and installed 5.2 Core on one of my desktop machines about a month ago. Just finished installing on my other machines a few days ago. I'm a 100% convert. Everything works perfectly except for the Look Changer on two of my machines. I prefer the GNOME DE look anyway, so the fact that it doesn't seem to work is no biggie to me.

I can only hope that future releases refrain from the extra bells and whistles in KDE4 and GNOME3. I'm one of those that still have no need or desire for whirling cubes, folders where I don't want them etc, etc. And yes, I uninstalled everything Compiz as soon as the install had completed. I have no need for what it offers either. I like things simple and stable, with no drain on my system resources.

Anyway, I'm a convert and glad to be.

smhardesty

Thu May 31, 2012 10:17:10 pm

You're exactly right, to each his own. I have no problem with those of you that like/prefer what Compiz has to offer. That's the real beauty of the LINUX OS. We can each have what we prefer. Windows can't offer the level of individuality that LINUX can. And as I progress to age, maybe I'll need the accessibility that Compiz offers.

Thanks for the welcome!

Mickey D

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55:32 pm

I installed Zorin on a 2004 Toshiba Satellite M30 without a single problem. I'm new to Linux and have spend the past day doing upgrades and getting familiar with this operating system. It's a great system, I'm a convert.

Wolfman

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:11:24 am

Mickey D wrote:I installed Zorin on a 2004 Toshiba Satellite M30 without a single problem. I'm new to Linux and have spend the past day doing upgrades and getting familiar with this operating system. It's a great system, I'm a convert.

Hi Mickey,

did you do this:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1694

and:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1617

Regards Wolfman :D