This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

If I donate to Zorin, will I get a faster download?

zorinluver00

Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:36:19 pm

So I hear Zorin OS 6 RC is out, and I'm downloading it now. Once the fixed version comes out I would like to download it, but last time I did with Zorin 5.2, it took about 3 to 4 hours! I know I can buy a disc, but I don't want to :P

hawkman

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:17:35 pm

hi altough i am not technician i know the download depend of the server [ who usually is the same for paid and no paid edition] and more important YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION CAPACITY. i remember yet when in many year ago i had dial up connection.( super slow) can take over 2 week to download 1 gigabites. Yet with 4 megabites capacity of your modem can take over 3 to 4 hours aprox. if you want to download more fast you will need probably 6 - 10 magabites connection [ very high cost $$ ] then depend of your connection and the hability for you paid the cost.Or on the other way; a publics library etc... where have a better connection, then in your house etc...[ if have a portable computer sure] anyway i can be wrong after all [ is my personal theory ]