This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Going To Bail Out

smhardesty

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:44:32 pm

Sorry to report that with Zorin OS Core 5.2 ending support in a few short months and all the problems I had trying to install OS 6 Core, I had to take a look around for something else. Linux Mint XFCE 13 RC was released just a short while back. I downloaded and ran the Live DVD and was pretty impressed. This morning I did a full install on the box I was not able to get Zorin OS 6 Core installed on. Mint XFCE 13 RC is working perfectly! Faster than greased lightning on that first box. There was very little I had to install above what was included with the DVD and after un-installing the stuff I didn't want/need, I have a VERY usable system with support until 2017.

Sorry guys, but I gotta bail. Looks like I'm a dedicated Mint XFCE freak from this point on. Hope you guys get the bugs worked out of Zorin. It certainly has real potential.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:46:36 am

Good luck; I hope it works for you, there is nothing more frustrating than when an OS won't run correctly on a PC which takes all the fun out of it!!.

Regards Wolfman :D