This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED AND LOVIN' IT!] The future of Zorin **LITE**

MMTMM

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:13:39 pm

Is the Zorin Team going to continue creating a Lite distro?

Z6 Lite is my favorite LXDE distro, but stand-alone LXDE distros seem to be disappearing more and more. The Ultimate Edition Lite won't be returning, Mint LXDE is history, and Lubuntu 12.04 is garbage.

Since the current Zorin Lite is based on Oneric 11.10 and not 12.04, is this the end of Zorin Lite?

I hope not.

ABW12

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:06:53 pm

Swarfendor437,
Let me know what you think of Quelitu 12.04.
It offers both an LXDE and Enlightenment interface and a simple HUD:
http://wavesofthefuture.net/computers/d ... litu.shtml

A few questions:
Does anyone know why UE and Mint LXDE are being discontinued?

Why do you say that Lubuntu 12.04 is garbage? I have had my own frustrations with it, among them the lack of greater integrations since the beginning. I am just curious about what problems other people see.

MMTMM

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:45:36 pm

I guess the answer is "Zorin Lite is dead." No reason to make a distro for 3 people. Oh well, come April, back to Windows.

kc1di

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:26:13 pm

MMTMM wrote:I guess the answer is "Zorin Lite is dead." No reason to make a distro for 3 people. Oh well, come April, back to Windows.

I think lite works well on my older machine. hope it's not dead I did a fresh install yesterday and it offered the upgrade to 12.04 and that went fine and it's working fine. here.

Don't jump ship just yet. :)

Wolfman

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:53:52 am

Hi,

Z6 Lite will be supported as long as Lubuntu keep pushing out updates etc, Z6 Lite is based on Lubuntu 11.10.

Regards Wolfman :D

MMTMM

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:41:26 am

Looks like Christmas came early for me!!! Just finished installing the new Zorin 6.1 Lite.

"Happy, happy, joy, joy" :D :D :D :D