This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

New Zorin OS 5 User

Reathan

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00:04 am

Hey guys..! >~< I decided that I was going to build a new gaming rig myself this go around instead of ordering from a large corp and after seeing Windows 7 ungodly and obscene price tag, I decided that while I'm being adventurous, I might as well give Linux a try and saw that the Zorin OS 5 distro was quite user friendly to new users familiar with the Window's OS's. What I'm here to ask is if anyone here has some tips on what to do to be successful on Zorin when I load it up on my machine when it all gets here? I know I'll have to put some effort into understanding the new OS, but I was always rather savvy with using console in many Windows programs and am wondering if those skills should transfer to Zorin? Thanks in advance and I hope to have an amazing experiance with my new OS. ^_^

Wolfman

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:22:48 am

Hi and welcome,

there is a learning curve in starting with Linux, the forum has many how-to's and members willing to help should you have a question.

As Zorin is based on Ubuntu there are several million tips out there, the question is can you ask the right question when trying to solve a problem, there is nothing like a silly question, just silly answers.

You can download a free E Book from here:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/free-ubuntu-l ... books.html

Just don't sign up for anything!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Reathan

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34:43 am

Thanks Wolfman! ^^) I will be checking this out as soon as possible! :)