This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Force quit option for 6 core & LTS for 6 Lite?

SKEPTICS EYE

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22:16 am

Actually, I should start by saying hello & thank you for this forum where very noobie ppl like me can get some much needed advise. :)

Now on to my two questions: Is there a force quit applet somewhere on 6 core? I can't find it in AWN. I was also wondering if the lite version has LTS; I don't have the fastest computer around-lol. Just a compaq Presario with 2 gigs ram.

Anyway, thanks for the forum & any advise you can give regarding this two issues,

SE

madvinegar

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:53:32 pm

Hi.
For force quit of an application you can open system monitor>processes tab>find the application you want to stop and click on "end process".

The zorin 6 lite edition is not LTS because it is based on ubuntu 11.10 (an not 12.04 LTS).

RobHK

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:51:06 am

Bumping this one up because today I tried to do this using system monitor but while the list of processes opens I can't select anything or do anything with it. Is there a way to force quit like in Mint?

Using the latest Zorin, 8 I think.

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:31:01 pm

Hi, If you are wanting to quit an application, open a terminal, and for example purposes say it is Firefox:

Code:
sudo killall firefox

Zorin Lite releases are based on Lubuntu - the only long-term Lubuntu on the market is LXLE which will last like Zorin 6 Core - to April 2017.