This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 5 discussed on Category 5 web show

smittysmit

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39:25 pm

Zorin was discussed on www.category5.tv the past 2-weeks and had very high reviews. It was because of cat5-tv that I discovered Zorin. I did purchase the premium 32-bit version and am very impressed at the result. I'm not sure the EXACT "mechanical" differences are between Ultimate & Zorin are but they both produce out of the box eye candy. Zorin goes a step further and creates a GUI that helps a windows user convert by having things the area that they are familiar with. Personally, I felt comfortable with the classic Gnome the first time I used it. Hats off to the Zorin crew. I have converted a few machines at work to standard 10.10 and they like it fine. There was no real conversion/training but did name Open Office (calc) to excel on the desktop. I was surprised that some grabbed the reigns and changed themes with no issue.

I apologize for making a plug (remove if this is banned) but category-5 has a live show every Tuesday night at 7AM eastern (-4 GMT (I think)). It is primarily Ubuntu based and is open to all questions.