This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How long Zorin OS 6 Core would be supported?

intelamd

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34:26 pm

hi everyone,

I am a new Linux user. I am presently using Linux Mint. I saw Zorin OS on distrowatch website and found that Zorin OS is one more distro based on Ubuntu 12.04 and in terms of popularity is the 11th most popular distro on distrowatch website. Also that it is even more user friendly than Mint and and the reviews are also great. I wish to know if the current version Zorin OS 6 Core is an LTS as Linux Mint 13 is also an LTS based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Ubuntu and Mint would be supported for five years. Is the same true with the current version of Zorin OS? I think if it remains based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for as long as it is supported, it would be better. Because Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is a very stable base and it would become more stable as time passes by. So it would be better for people like me who are new to Linux and wish to use a Linux OS which is very similar to Windows. For that, the Linux OS should be stable. So kindly inform me about your policies of releasing new versions of your OS. If your policy is to follow Ubuntu and release a new version of your OS as soon as Ubuntu releases one, it would not matter if you take extra care and before releasing your new version and make sure that you take out as many bugs as possible from your new version and make it as stable as possible. That would make the users of your OS happy and they do not have to care whether some Ubuntu version has bugs and is unstable. This is because the non LTS Ubuntu versions usually have a lot of bugs and are not very stable. I am considering to purchase your Ultimate version after first using your core version and if I find your current version has little bugs and is mostly stable I would just use Zorin OS for life and would stick with it. :)