This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

customize zorin

amsweitzer

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09:05 pm

I think gnomenu is a dead project it hasn't been updated in 2 years the dev broke his laptop then never went back to dev the project anymore thats on the home page of gnomenu. In ver 2.9.1 which is the only ver developed for gnome 3 its very buggy wish someone would pickup the project again and fix. I use 5 and 6 my son uses zorin 5 for minecraft still going to post the icon install though I'm going to install 6.1 tonight customize and build a download package of my customization with all packages and backgrounds dock and icons and write a tut on the install I will include the tut as a pdf in the package so it has all screen prints are there for one to put the customization in or know how to do there own it'll be uploaded to mediafile.com and the package will be available at gnome-look.org I'll post link of the download in my tut the package will include buc and super-boot-manager for customizing the bootup screen along with custom burg bootscreen theme posted in other post on burg.

Wolfman

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14:56 am

Hi,

sounds interesting, are you planning a ZorinOS version of Ultimate??.

Regards Wolfman :D

amsweitzer

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46:13 pm

Yes

amsweitzer

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49:12 pm

Things completed
custom awn dock
Install gnome Top panel (safety Backup)(hidden)
Install BUC/ SBM BURG and custom burg themes
Install gconf-editor
install Conky
UE conky script and config
Install Wally to install Backgrounds into home/share/backgrounds

Things to do
Install gnome3 fallback
Install Cinnamon desktop
Install UE Icon set
Install gtk3 and metacity themes
Install apt on cd for creating meta-package iso of all system packages and upgrade packages
make apt on cd iso and upload
Install virtualbox
make and test remastersys iso

amsweitzer

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:29:35 am

install gnome -session/gnome-fallback
installed cinnamon desktop
installed ue icon set and gtk theme

amsweitzer

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44:56 pm

Time to write tut and upload the icon dock background and theme and conky files for the package setup.
I have a 32 bit system so uploading cinnamon package and gnome fallback won't benefit 64bit users they need to download the packages themselfs. But the tut will explain how to do the setup installing fallback and cinnamon gives me the panel however I did not activate under gconf its there in case of emergency with awn dock as most new users including myself really don't know how to use a ALT-F2 function only commands I know from it are gnome-panel and Conky tried terminal from alt f2 doesn't work

amsweitzer

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47:55 pm

Final look of custom desktop

amsweitzer

Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10:58 pm

things noticed not the full gnome package installed and gnomenu is edited specifically for zorin os when i looked into the files for gnomenu 2.9.1 does have an icons themes folder with one set in it that folder does not exist on zorin os version prob a good reason you can't get downloaded themes to work in zorin os