This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Downloading the Ultimate Distro

rbiddie

Mon May 27, 2013 3:19:12 am

I bought the Ultimate edition but have never got to use it, I have tried downloading it over 10 times using Firefox, never any md5sum to check on the 7zip file, after unzipping I go ahead and burn image to disk, reboot sytem into popup menu select my cd drive, I get missing files on disk error, I delete the Zorin os.iso file and the zip package and redownload, go through the same thing again with the same problems, I went ahead and triend using Chrome, same results, tried downloading on a mint install and widnows 8, nothing nada, never works.

And I am using the link from my email.

Almost feel as if I paid for nothing, The core editions work fine from download :roll:

Any ideas?

Wolfman

Mon May 27, 2013 8:15:35 am

Hi,

you could try a USB install using Unetbooin to create a bootable OS:

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Are you burning the DVD's at the slowest speed possible??.

Let us know!.

Regards Wolfman :D

rbiddie

Mon May 27, 2013 1:42:05 pm

Believe me I have tried everything, I have used both K3B, Brasero, I have burned, Pear OS, Zorin OS 6.2 core 64, Ubuntu 12.10, 12.04, 13.04, Ultimate Edition Gamers 3.5, Limux Mint Mate 14, Linux Mint Cinnamon 14, Linux Mint 15 RC,
The only distro I have issues with is the paid version of Zorin Ultimate.

The file shows as a 3.6 gig download and the completed zip package is 3.7 gigs, I have downloaded 3 different programs to check the md5sums and not one package has ever matched the expected numbers.

Wolfman

Tue May 28, 2013 8:07:00 am

rbiddie wrote:Believe me I have tried everything, I have used both K3B, Brasero, I have burned, Pear OS, Zorin OS 6.2 core 64, Ubuntu 12.10, 12.04, 13.04, Ultimate Edition Gamers 3.5, Limux Mint Mate 14, Linux Mint Cinnamon 14, Linux Mint 15 RC,
The only distro I have issues with is the paid version of Zorin Ultimate.

The file shows as a 3.6 gig download and the completed zip package is 3.7 gigs, I have downloaded 3 different programs to check the md5sums and not one package has ever matched the expected numbers.

Hi,

I am most likely going to get some FLAK* for this but I never ever bother with the MD5 thingy, I download; create disk/stick and away I go, you are bound to lose the odd bit or byte during such a large download, so throw caution to the wind and install on a test partition first and see if it is okay!!.

*(German, from Fl(ieger)a(bwehr)k(anone), aircraft-defense gun.)

Wolfman

Tue May 28, 2013 4:45:44 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Ahemm! I have downloaded UE 3.4 twice from different mirrors and neither match - (64-bit). The 32-bit was fine (on second attempt). I don't like making coasters! :mrgreen:

All the more reason to use re-writeable disks Swarf me olde mucker!!. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Were you by the Air Defence section of the army as I knew I would get some flak from someone!!. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pierre

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:15:54 pm

I am most likely going to get some FLAK* for this but I never ever bother with the MD5 thingy, I download; create disk/stick and away I go, you are bound to lose the odd bit or byte during such a large download, so throw caution to the wind and install on a test partition first and see if it is okay!!.

a fair point - if you have a decent 'net connection :)
- otherwise, it's a good practice, to have, as errors on a poor connection, do occur.
- in which case, use a torrent, which will have inbuilt error checking ..

Wolfman

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:44:07 pm

Pierre wrote:

a fair point - if you have a decent 'net connection :)
- otherwise, it's a good practice, to have, as errors on a poor connection, do occur.
- in which case, use a torrent, which will have inbuilt error checking ..

Hi,

true that torrents check the file but someone can insert a script and install it along with the system which may well be malicious software and this is why I don't use torrents!.