This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

no scripts

jack083

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:34:46 pm

Zorin 7 is great but, it has no scripts in the tweak section.
In earlyer versions ubuntu tweak gave you much more bang! I was able to right click, and a nice long script box appeared giving you the power to convert files, make launchers, move folders and so on. Now i can only right click and get an option to make a folder. I don't even have the option to make a document file on a right click anymore.
I use these tools 24-7. The tweak box on this Z7 version sucks!

Of couse I am not quite done examining this Z7 version if anyone has any Z7 solutions for this delema of mine I would be eternaly greatful!

madvinegar

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:19:05 pm

I think this is a gnome3 problem in all versions of linux. (Compared to the options and freedom we had with gnome2).

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:23:31 pm

Hi,

Ubuntu Tweak doesn't work well in Ubuntu 13.04 period; that is why it was left out of Zorin 7!!.

Try this:

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/application ... -launcher/

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11:36 pm

True.There is only "unity tweak tool" for 13.04 but I suppose it is only for ubuntu.

Wolfman

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:49:19 pm

madvinegar wrote:True.There is only "unity tweak tool" for 13.04 but I suppose it is only for ubuntu.

MV,

you can use Unity Tweak Tool with Zorin 7 Ultmate in "Unity Look". (I have not tried it so I cannot say 100% whether that is true or not, I assume it is!!)

Zorin 7 has the "Tweak Tool" pre-installed, AKA: "Gnome-Tweak-Tool".

Wolfman

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26:36 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Wolfman, (I could not script to save my life! :D ) - can you not script in DConf Editor?

Hi Swarf,

I don't think so but I could be wrong!!.

Wolfman

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:58:01 pm

Hi swarf,

I think he just created his own script!.

As long as you don't format your /home when updating, the settings will still be there when you install/re-install Zorin!!.

Wolfman

Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:19:19 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

Ubuntu Tweak doesn't work well in Ubuntu 13.04 period; that is why it was left out of Zorin 7!!.

Try this:

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/application ... -launcher/

Update:

Ubuntu Tweak should now work with Zorin 7 (Ubuntu 13.04).

To add Ubuntu tweak via the terminal; paste the following commands; one after the other:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak