This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

win8, zorin7,ubuntu 13.04 trible boot

blfriis

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:51:28 pm

Hi everybody as I said in this http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5484 I promissed to play around to get a dualboot between Win8 and Zorin 7.But I could not make it work, so i made a trible boot instead.This is how I did it.If you try tha same remember to backup everything befor you begin. It's on your own risk ofcourse.

First of all I had to disable " Fast bios "

Then I had to " disable secure boot" and set Os mode selection to " UEFI AND CSM OS"

And last change the boot priority to cd/dvd

Then reboot and when windows 8 is up and running, search for " make partition " maybe just partition.Start the app and make a partition big enough for Zorin and Ubuntu and swap.

Now shut down the pc pull out the powerline and battery.Now plug in the battery and powerline and boot the up the zorin 7 64b dvd.You can now start a live session (try Zorin) and make sure everything works fine.Then start gparted and on the new partition you made before, make a partition for Zorin, one for Ubuntu and one for swap.Then hit the "install Zorin" icon.then choose " something else " And install Zorin on the drive you made for Zorin.Remember to set it as / so it can be mounted.When the installation has finish, reboot and remove the dvd when you're asked to.Now Windows 8 will start becourse it can't see Zorin yet.

Then reboot and this time boot up on Ubuntu 13.04 64b dvd and install Ubuntu on the partition you made for Ubuntu.When Ubuntu has finished the installation reboot, when you're asked to. And this time Ubuntu will boot.Once Ubuntu are up and running you have to install boot repair.
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get install boot-repair

Then write Boot repair in the ubuntu search field.start the program and let it do it's job.

Now reboot and you got a grub with Win8 Zorin 7 and Ubuntu 13.04

Good luck ;)

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:37:36 am

360 blue jewels to you sir! :D

blfriis

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26:12 pm

Thank you sir :D :D