This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to copy and paste

ironhand41

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:40:07 pm

There are only a few things that have proved difficult since switching to Zorin from Windows and that's copy and paste. I have to log out of Zorin and log into Windows (7) to do copy and paste. I can hear the camera click when I take a screen shot in Zorin but there's never anything to paste, or more likely, there is some arcane command of which I'm not aware. Is there a simple way to cut and paste? Do I need to buy a program? Please don't tell me I need to use the terminal :-)

Anonymous

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21:03 pm

Look in > Main Menu > Video/Audio for Kazam.
If it is no where to be found, then install from "software center" !!!!
It does all-of-the-above.

And if you have Ubuntu-Tweak installed.
You open the application > GoTo > scripts and enable the [ Move To and Copy To ] just like in Windows XP.
Zorin OS 7 and above doesn't need that part, for it is already enabled.

Wolfman

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34:01 pm

Hi,

copy & paste per the following:

Ctrl + a = mark everything, or simply click on a single file to mark one file or folder.
Ctrl + c = copy everything.
Ctrl + v = insert everything after clicking in an empty space with a left mouse click. (You can also right click and select insert too !)
Ctrl + x = cut/delete marked file or folder.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:10:09 pm

I take it you are using 'Screenshot' from Accessories? or Shift+ PrtSc (PrtSc above SysRq hence the need for shift). You can change the time settings for Screenshot or Shutter - it then saves as a .png in the Pictures folder or wherever you want.

To use Shift+ PrtSc will provide you with a 'cross-hair' - you then drag this around the bit of the screen (or all of it) with the left mouse button held down, release, you hear the camera click and it will be in the Clipboard. Open LibreOffice Writer or other application, right-click and select 'Paste' from the 'context menu':

18.jpg

The above picture in LibreOffice Writer document was acquired using the instructions above the picture. The picture was taken using Screenshot.