This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 8 reviewd

Pierre

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30:31 pm

Hands-On:- Zorin OS 8 Linux
http://www.zdnet.com/hands-on-zorin-os- ... 000027587/

This is the distribution that is touted as the "easiest" transition from Windows to Linux, so how does it stack up?
I will, however, pass along the biggest and most important piece of advice that I have about installing Zorin at this point (here comes the rant).

"When you get to "Who are You", where you create your user account, you should select the "Log in Automatically" box. This is something that I never do, and I never recommend, but I am making an exception here. Why? Because if you don't, then when you reboot after installing you will get a login screen, with "Guest Session" as the default account"

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:50:33 pm

If you use your up arrow cursor key you will get to your account name - after first log in and reboot it will then 'stick'. ;)

RacerBG

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29:40 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:If you use your up arrow cursor key you will get to your account name - after first log in and reboot it will then 'stick'. ;)

That was one of the things which bugged me with Zorin OS 8. I hope that in 9 this will be solved. :)