This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

transmegeddon

david7307

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44:53 pm

Been using 6.4 and thought i would have a look at zorin 8
have found i did not like it for what i do , just getting used to using a programe called transmegeddon on 6.4 and love it simple to use does a great job
now in 8 ubuntu have changed it why cant ubuntu leave things that work well

on 6 i highlight show i want to code, music code was mp3 and vid code was vidx done
8 is the same,untill the vid code and i got lost thy have changed ,waisted hours looking , so no 8 for me
Iam getting to the stage i think Ubuntu will shoot their self in the foot

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:30:55 pm

Hi there, just for clarity, Ubuntu is 13.10, Zorin is 8! :D Now then, Transmageddon is not part of Ubuntu or Zorin, it is a separate project. Suggest you complain to them on their site:

http://www.linuxrising.org/

david7307

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50:46 pm

i will lol
i was not having a _____ at zorin, i just hate change ,getting set in my ways

Wolfman

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41:07 am

Hi David,

your quote "now in 8 ubuntu have changed it why cant ubuntu leave things that work well" made me laugh, I think Ubuntu employ ex Windows people to screw things up on purpose!. :D

They are alway under pressure to get their next release out that they don't have time to fix the bugs in previous versions!. :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53:29 am

Perhaps he was confused about the two ex-Canonical guys who built the Windows 8 front-end! :lol:

david7307

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:35:19 pm

Just me getting old ,stupid and crippled, i am back using zorin 6 lts
I did like zorin 7 but when i tried it it only had a couple of months to go ,
tried Zorin 8 the other day, hated it, dont know why just did .

Swarfendor437

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:21:23 pm

Its horses for courses David, so long as you are happy with what you have at the moment! ;)