This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Loving Zorin so far!

raywise

Mon May 19, 2014 1:03:25 am

This is really great. I've always been a bit wary of the Linux OS, being just a Win user since day one. But this week I've finally installed Zorin 8 (free version) alongside *VISTA* on my wifes computer, after our wireless printer kept disappearing, and I'm blown away by how it works. I had the Gigabyte motherboard disc ready to insert during installation. *Huh*?, you mean I don't need the driver disc? Zorin works straight away with my hardware? Wow, lol.

I'll have to read up more on how this all happens, but I'll let my wife use Zorin for a week to see if there is anything she doesn't like, and will then order the paid version to install over Vista altogether. Mmmmm, now eyeing off my computer with Win7 on it, its starting to slow down a bit....... :D

Regards
Ray

Swarfendor437

Mon May 19, 2014 11:08:40 am

Hi Ray, and welcome to the forum - I would hang fire on purchasing the paid for version as support for 8 expires in June (as it is based on Ubuntu 13.10). Wait for June/July when Zorin 9 Long Term Support is released and purchase that instead! ;)

raywise

Tue May 20, 2014 12:58:17 pm

Ahh yes, I thought I read that somewhere!. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Wolfman

Tue May 20, 2014 2:35:03 pm

Hi,

you can upgrade and keep your data intact by following this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4848

Swarfendor437

Tue May 20, 2014 7:44:50 pm

Hi Wolfman, but I don't think he would get a new version of Ultimate - but I wait for the Admins to correct me on this! ;)