This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 9 Educational - Included Packages?

cuscotravelservices

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:01:36 am

Hi Everyone,

Can someone advise me, please, which educational packages will be included in Zorin 9 Educational and Zorin 9 Educational Lite?

Are they multi-lingual? I'm looking for Spanish language versions in particular.

Thanks, Michael

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:38:55 am

Hi, if you have had access to earlier versions of Zorin Education releases it will be the same package - if you want the Spanish Language you will have to follow Wolfman's post install guide to get to you required locales - you could then use remastersys or similar program if you wished to redistribute to colleagues and friends! :D

Oh, pardon my manners, Bienvenido! :D

cuscotravelservices

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44:24 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, if you have had access to earlier versions of Zorin Education releases it will be the same package - if you want the Spanish Language you will have to follow Wolfman's post install guide to get to you required locales - you could then use remastersys or similar program if you wished to redistribute to colleagues and friends! :D

Oh, pardon my manners, Bienvenido! :D

Hi,

I don't have access to an earlier version of Zorin Educational.

If you are referring to the "Change the language settings" section, of the guide by Wolfman, then, does this allow a package to automatically determine what language it should be presented in?

Also, I should have been more specific in that I was seeking educational packages which are suitable for someone from 9 years old and up. She said that one of her favourite subjects is Maths so, who knows, maybe she could be a budding programmer or whatever with the right encouragement. Cultural subjects like learning English and History of the Inkas are also of high interest.

Recommendations, for other packages, would also be appreciated.

So, if someone could give me a list of all the educational packages included I could investigate which support the Spanish language.

For her parents, I am also seeking educational material for beginners so that they can learn about computers in general. For example, the components used in assembling a Desktop or Laptop computer and their individual purposes.

Thanks, Michael.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:04:13 pm

Hi, I do know that one of the major suites is GCompris - and to be honest you don't need educational if you have Core you can just go to the Software Centre and look under what is available in the Education section - the main difference with Education from Core is that it has most of the Core apps plus most of the Educational Apps you would find on Edubuntu - For secondary users I would look at the 'Tertiary' package - there is a great physics program that allows you to put objects such as springs and other objects then an animation to see how it would work. If you want a definitive list I will dig out an old iso I have somewhere and try and launch in Virtual Box. Busy trying to show how to dual boot Windows 7 and Zorin 9 at moment - I thought I had a coaster DVD - when what I had was impatience! :D

cuscotravelservices

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:23:28 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:If you want a definitive list I will dig out an old iso I have somewhere and try and launch in Virtual Box.

Thanks!, that'd be great.

Swarfendor437 wrote:Busy trying to show how to dual boot Windows 7 and Zorin 9 at moment - I thought I had a coaster DVD - when what I had was impatience! :D

Who needs games when you have computers to work with. :)

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:08:32 pm

I don't know what will be included in 9 Eductational and whether there will be a Lite version but this is from 6:

1. Educational Full

Educational Full.jpg

2. Educational Lite

a.
Educational Lite 1.jpg

b.
Educational Lite 2.jpg

c.
Educational Lite 3.jpg

d.
Educational Lite 4.jpg

e.