This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Updates

Acer DeVille

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52:36 pm

Just have one of those not really important questions. Just had a software update box pop up, so like normal I expand to see just what is being installed, I'm just anal that way, when I saw a listing for "Language Support". I did not want to update this as I only use the one language, now I know I'm probably wrong about what the download is, but anyway, there is always a update come across that I don't want to update, maybe it's for a language I don't use, or for a pre-installed program that I don't use, and don't want to waste the effort to update it if I'll never use it, is there a way to mark these as "Don't ever update this"? My android phone uses that term, some other terminology would be fine, as long as it means that those programs are not updated, and don't keep popping up to update every week or so. Thanks,

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:58:58 pm

Hi Acer, even though you selected your country of origin it may still require some language updates in respect of some Applications which may not have certain help files in your language - where are you based for starters? :D

Acer DeVille

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:02:09 am

Swarfendor437 wrote: where are you based for starters? :D

I'm in the US.

Again sorry, I forget about posting here, I'm going to check and see if I can get email updates or something.

Swarfendor437's response kind of explained it, mark it solved or whatever.

SteveD

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:45:07 pm

Make sure you don't have uneeded languages installed via the General Settings >>> Language Support >>> Regional Formats tab. I found I had Spanish and Chinese that kept wanting to update. I uninstalled the languages and the problem went away :)