This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Forum Feedback

SteveD

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09:42 am

(I wasn't sure which Forum this should be in so can someone move it if it's wrong)

I've been mooching about the forums, especially Help and Support and it occurred to me that it may be helpful to members if the thread title was changed to indicate when a problem had been solved. This would help both those of us trying to learn (like me) and also the Linux savvy people (thanks guys :D ) who would see where their help was needed most.

just a thought

Steve

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:53:50 am

Hi, If you are talking about a [SOLVED] section by itself, I wholeheartedly agree with you on that - I would love also to see sub sections on Help and Support, e.g., with Notebook issues, Desktop issues each with further sections on Graphics issues, Network issues, Printer and Scanner issues, Audio Issues - if I've missed something off then do tell! :D Oh, forgot to mention with a separate [SOLVED] section at the top of each sub-section.

At the moment issues are marked either by the poster (by editing their original thread) and adding [SOLVED] before the thread title. I mark issues that have been sorted with a 'workaround' as [RESOLVED] as it may not have directly been [SOLVED] - if you catch my drift! :D

Issues that cannot be progressed despite looking down all avenues, will be marked as [CLOSED].

Hope this helps! :D

[Over to you Admins? :D ]

This layout appeals to me greatly and uses the same php web layout as Zorin forum:

http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum :D

Edited 13:00 GMT 28.7.2014