This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Ultimate Upgrades?

JohnnyPhantom

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:53:07 pm

Hey Everyone,
Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread.
I just found Zorin and it look amazing! I'm going to donate and get the Ultimate version of 9.
My question was (and I know it's in the FAQ section, I just want to double check) when the next version comes out, 10, I'll have to donate again to update to 10 from the Ultimate 9, correct? is there a upgrade fee? or would it be the full 9.99 EUR again?

Also I see when I donate I get Premium support, how long do I get the support for? is there a limit on questions?

Thanks in advance everyone!
~John

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:25:25 am

Hi, unless you paid for a premium version close to the release of the next one you may be given the option for a reduced amount - but I am not sure - If you have 9 I would stick with that as the next LTS may not be 10 but possibly 11 or 12 - 10 may match a very short life-cycle akin to Ubuntu on which it is based (normally 9-12 months). I don't know how many questions you can ask - if you are having technical issues that require a quick answer I would log a call with the Zorin Team - the normal support of other paid for distros is usually 3 months - not sure about Zorin - and usually the main machine it is installed on - you can install GNU/Linux on as many machines that you own but you only get support from Zorin Team for the main machine - jus like other distros. You can ask as many questions as you like on this forum - if you need help on any matter please post in the Help and Support Section - and nowhere else! :D