This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

CPU allways 75% never stops

Ferrarix

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:08:40 pm

Any one with this problem??
hp pavillon 6500

thanks

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:08:34 pm

Can you take a snapshot of 'system monitor - processes' to see what is causing this? :D

(Menu | System Tools | System Monitor [=Task Manager in Windows]

Ferrarix

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25:13 pm

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47:08 pm

Hi, I think the biggest resource hogs appear to be compiz, nautilus, evolution calendar, and zeitgeist - of interest it appears that you are running as 'guest' - not as your user - this could have some influence, I may be wrong but you will not be able to stop any processes running whilst being logged on as 'guest'. I would see what happens when you choose to login with 'Zorin Desktop (no effects)' which you choose at point of login by clicking on the 'cog':

Screenshot login.jpg

You can't really stop Nautilus as that would stop your Window Manager - also evolution bits are embedded in the system for Date and Time function (having researched the issue on various ubuntuesque forums. I believe Wolfman wrote a post on how to remove Zeitgeist.

Hope this helps! :D

Ferrarix

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:53:13 am

hello
i have to install zorin 7 in order to cpu came to 60 % usage but cpu fan never stops, i m not sure what is happening...

Anonymous

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24:04 am

In the mean time..
If you haven't done so already....
Go to your bios setup and make sure you powerer related settings such as the fan are set to [ auto ]
After class this morning...I'll go over to our shop...and see if I have one of those in the closet.
In a situation like yours...I like having the computer front of me to see what malfuctions [ Scenerio ]