This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Solved] Does not keep text entry setting

Henriolavi

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:12:11 am

Hi

I am still configuring my new Lenovo laptop to run 64 bit Zorin 9 Edu. There are some peculiar behavior detected. One is that it does not keep the text entry setting over shutdown. It shows to be FI keyboad in the AWN indicator 3 after reboot, but it is not. It is some "default" I guess. :( I made a workaround by following different setting:

Text entry.jpg

This alternative seems to work, now? The question is whether there is a bug in the os. or not. (known issue ? ) I have not this problem in my desktop :?.

Edit: Unfortunately this was not a stable solution. The problem seems to continue. :cry: . Any better solution to fix this?

The other issue is that the WiFi does not connect automatically even if selected to autoconnect. There has to be also ticked "on" to allow all users to connect to the net before the autoconnect works as in this screenshot shows.

Autoconnect.jpg

Is this also a known issue (feature) or a bug in the software. I configured in my desktop this accordingly, and it works. It is the same distro but 32 bit version of Zorin 9 Education. Everything working now, but I just wonder why so many workarounds and configs are needed to get all working. Is there any other better way to do this? This is not a problem just to know how to make it working.

See also this "how to" additionally.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8335

Henriolavi

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33:27 am

I believe that I found a solution to fix the text entry setting problem. It was obviously the AWN indicator 3 applet that did not work perfectly. By removing and installing it back it keeps now the setting. I tried several shut downs and reboots to test it and it worked now.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:40:11 am

Hi, I have never personally liked the indicator3 due to its lack of customisability - which is why I offered this 'workaround' which is really not a workaround but a 'replacement' :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983&hilit=+customise