This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 9 Lite on USB

GiveHim6

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:29:15 am

Just recently picked up a 64GB USB flash drive, and installed Zorin 9 Lite on it. I have used it on Intel and AMD systems today, and it works great. Get to carry around my OS with me, and use it when needed. Does anyone else do this as well?

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09:21 pm

I have 32 GB stick with about 6 different OS's on! :D (MultiSystem 3 from softpedia.com)

GiveHim6

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:51:37 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:I have 32 GB stick with about 6 different OS's on! :D (MultiSystem 3 from softpedia.com)

I actually used the installer on Zorin Lite and installed it to the USB drive. I've done what you have done using YUMI and SARDU through Windows.

Henriolavi

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05:57 am

Yes, a full install works fine, just have to have conformingly working and speed enough with the USB drive and USB connection. Sometimes it is difficult to get it working with other computers than that where it was installed due to the hw configuration that the installer makes to the full installed os.

Here a link to speed performance requirements and some test data of different USB drives.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7410