This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Questions about Premium OS's

tom hughes

Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:54:11 am

Can anyone help me? I have been playing with 9.1 Core and Educational in VMware and they have different software, though i believe all is available in the software center. They are the best Ubuntu based Distro that i have used and i have used Ubuntu, Mint and a few others. I am so pleased that I want to buy a pro Distro, and i can not decide between Ultimate, Business or both. It seems obvious that they are different as Ultimate says it is aimed at Business, Media and Gaming, while Business is aimed at Business. Both say that you receive their Premium software and all software from Core. Neither is aimed at Education. So does Business have different Premium Software than is available in Ultimate?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28:53 pm

What is core to most releases are LibreOffice, standard music player, Firefox as default browser. Business will have more business oriented stuff but will also have LibreOffice - I think - but not sure on this, that business edition probably comes with GNUCash which is the best book-keeping financial package available, and there is also a Windows version of it too and is also portable - you can even raise invoices and receipts in GNUCash. Clearly there are no education packages in either Core or Business or Ultimate - that has been saved specifically for the free Educational versions. Hope this helps. ;)