This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What do you like about Zorin OS

Stephanie

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:50:28 pm

For me its the speed, start up shut down and every thing opens as fast as I can click, yes I have a i7 and 8 gig of ram behind it but compare it to Windows is like a Ferrari to a Combine harvester, looking forward to Zorin 10 :D

Volksvegan

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:09:50 pm

I use Zorin Lite. I love that it has tranformed two basically unusable machines into fully-functioning, expandable netbooks. It's smooth, intuitive and has a ton of potential. These eeepcs were basically sitting around gathering dust (literally) until they were given a new lease on life with Zorin. The OS as a whole includes everything needed to use these machines, with options and the ability to load tons of other options, including the odd Windows program with Wine and a full-fledged native Linux version of a PC point-and-click adventure game. I now use these netbooks all of the time and am pushing the envelope as to what they can do; it's kind of exciting! All of this from a Windows refugee who knows next to nothing about Linux. ;)

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:15:17 pm

I have had Zorin 4 and 5 running on 901's - plus the Beauty of GNU/Linux is that unlike Windows, you can't use the bigger partition of a 901 with an SSD of 4 Gb and 6 Gb. They came with XP/Fat32.

Solution:

1. 4 Gb part of SSD - 512 Mb set to /boot - rest '/home' formatted to 'ext2'

2. 6 Gb Part - 512 Mb 'swap area' rest '/' [root system] formatted to 'ext2' :D

Currently one has Elementary OS (Luna) and the other a failed PeachOS netbook install! :lol: