This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Hello from the Dirty Lew!

Evil-K

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:13:26 am

Greetings folks!

I'm a recent user of Zorin OS 5, first with the Core version until I sprung for the Ultimate Edition. I have to say that, out of the distros I've tried and have installed, Zorin has been the most complete. Like a lot of Linux users, I migrated over from Windows over to Ubuntu, plus I've used Linux Mint a lot as well. Both of those are great distros, especially Linux Mint. And to be honest, I didn't want to like Zorin OS as much as I did. But what can I say? It just works and looks pretty damned cool in the process. And I'm happy to say that I haven't run into any problems at all (except with Wine, but that program's a b**** to run).

Now, with people who are thinking of migrating to Linux, I will wholeheartedly recommend Zorin OS. It provides a familiar enough working environment so they don't feel completely out of their element, even more than Linux Mint does, but it's still very obviously NOT Windows (the gnarly desktop cube is enough evidence of that!).

There's also one benefit to the Look Changer that I have yet to see anyone mention (not saying it hasn't been mentioned... just that I haven't seen it), but on a shared family computer, or if you have someone who's staying at your house who needs to go on the computer for whatever reason (maybe they're dying to watch 'Two Girls, One Cup' again... who am I to judge?). And these are folks who primarily use Windows or Mac OS. A simple click and re-logging back in and they can use your computer in comfort without having to constantly beg for help (that gets old quick).

Anyways, a big thank you to the Zorin devs, and a hearty hello to the folks on this forum!

Wolfman

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:58:10 am

Nice post Evil-K, please tell us what "Dirty Lew" is????. I am from GB and can only think of "Dirty Lewisham" :D :D :D .

Regards Wolfman :D

Evil-K

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:12:12 pm

It's a local nickname for Lewiston, Maine.

Thanks for the welcome, Wolfman! Since you're from Great Britain, I'm thinking of that Warren Zevon song, "Werewolves of London"... great song :)

Regards!
~K