This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Start Page on Firefox

davec51

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16:57 am

Whenever I open Firefox with Zorin 10 I get a "Zorin Start Page" with a large box for a Google search inquiry. How do I get rid of this page?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:31:08 am

Hi, this is part of the customisation process that Team Zorin use - to get Firefox how you want it, get your menu bar showing by pressing 'F10' (by the way, any browser that has a menu bar that is hidden by default, F10 will make it show) then click on 'View | Toolbars and select 'Menu Bar'.

Now click on 'Tools | Options' and the General Tab will open:

Firefox.JPG

Now you can change the Home page to an address you like or choose from two alternative optinons:

Firefox2.JPG

To view the uploaded screenshots, right-click and open in new tab or double-click to enlarge/goto jpg window - note if you close it after this second option of viewing you will have lost the thread and closed link to Zorin - I do wish Zorin forum would open links in new tabs like my local City Froum! :D

davec51

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:18:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. My "tools" dropdown doesn't include an "options" item. I found the configuration screen under "edit" and "preferences," however. I have set my start page elsewhere, and that's what I get when i open Firefox, but the Zorin OS Start Page opens anyway, in the background. I can and do close it, but it would be convenient not to have it open at all.