This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS has a lot of problems...

Fringe Wizard

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:08:12 am

I can't seem to do any of the most basic things on this computer without trouble. I had to plug in an ethernet cable and search around all day for a fix to make it detect my wireless card. Then I realize after that is fixed many other things as well aren't working, such as Zorin OS not being able to tell when I have my headset plugged in and to make any use of it.

I need to get things done and don't have time for such a broken OS... back to Linux Mint Cinnamon with me.

Wolfman

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:05:19 am

Hi,

when you created your boot medium, did you follow this advice?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Fringe Wizard

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:05:19 pm

There's nothing wrong with my boot medium. Try installing any Linux distro to an Alienware 17-R2 and there's a ridiculous amount of problems unfortunately.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/670415/w ... ware-17-r2

These are my current issues. I totally purged the Zorin OS partition I had btw and I put Ubuntu over top of it then screwed that up after awhile trying to get it to work with the 4.2 kermel and Cinnamon DE. I have 3 partitions right now, one in Windows 10 (working), another is Linux Mint (working and posting from it right now), and the other is screwed up at this time but was Zorin OS for awhile and then Ubuntu 15 and I might try something else on it. I've also tried Fedora and Puppy linux and a bunch of other distros.

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:16:32 pm

If you are triple booting, a recent mag issue of Linux User and Developer suggested running a Linux defrag utility before adding a third distro! ;) :D