This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Radeon HD 5570 Upgrade?

7vincent7black7

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:35:38 pm

So, this is not related to Zorin. On my desktop gaming computer, I have a Radeon HD 5570 still, and have never upgraded the video card ever pretty much. I'm looking at wanting to play games like Elite and Dangerous, but canyourunit says that, while my video card meets the following parameters, an upgrade is suggested.

Icon Pixel Shader version 4.0 (Required) | 5.0 5.0 (you have)
Icon Vertex Shader version 4.0 (Required) | 5.0 (you have)
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB (Required) | 1010.8 MB 5.0 (you have)

I'm hoping for a really powerful videocard, but there's a problem. The Radeon HD 5570 is a very slim and small videocard, and it has limted space on either side of hte PCI slot it is installed into, because there is another slot on its either side. I tried installing a graphics card once before in the past, but it dwarfed the size of my current video card. And it created a box of area near the bottom of my tower that ran hot because the slot is near the bottom of the motherboard, and the video card was so big, that while it ran powerfully, the video card came with built-on fan that blew straight down, and had no airflow.

So, are there much more powerful videocards that are not really big, but really about the same size?

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:01:47 pm

This is an old thread:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/i ... -card.html

But in view of your particular requirements I would advise posting your query on the AMD Graphics forums, explaining your issue there, that is if you intend sticking with AMD/ATi. ;) :D