This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Clumsy Keystroke Aggravation

mdiemer

Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:32:26 pm

Can anyone tell me what keystrokes are causing me to inadvertently close my browser? I was just typing a post here and once again I shut myself out, lost the post. Happened a few days ago as well, and has happened many times previously (I'm a terrible typist).

Aravisian

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:04:07 pm

mdiemer wrote:Can anyone tell me what keystrokes are causing me to inadvertently close my browser? I was just typing a post here and once again I shut myself out, lost the post. Happened a few days ago as well, and has happened many times previously (I'm a terrible typist).

-chuckle- this is a damn good question and I have done the same a few times, myself. And- wondered what key I possibly hit to make it happen.

mdiemer

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:43:42 pm

Well, at least I don't feel like a compleat idiot...

MBMz10

Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32:40 am

More censorship I'm guessing.

Not the 'lazy thumb' rubbing the touch pad trick (notebooks)?

Aravisian

Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:08:06 am

MBMz10 wrote:Not the 'lazy thumb' rubbing the touch pad trick (notebooks)?

Not in my case, at least. The touchpad is out of reach. I use a plug in keyboard.

mdiemer

Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:39:31 pm

No touchpad on my old Gateway keyboard either. I'm sure it's a key combo I'm hitting, but I can never remember what it is, because I'm so angry about my browser closing and losing the post, esp. if it's a long one. And I'm frantically trying to somehow bring it back.

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:24:01 pm

Lazy left or right pinky while catching W? ;) :D

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/848330