This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

HiJack HiJinks

Aravisian

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:02:34 am

livingdead wrote:Hey, thank you for that, and I hope everything is okay at the hospital.

star treker wrote:I concur with the living dead, although I won't be passing him my brains anytime soon. :lol: I hope that everything is ok Aravisian.

So do I. I won't deny... I am pretty much a mess of worry. Will update in this thread at a later date.

star treker

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:19:56 am

I know what that feeling is, when you have a loved one in the hospital, and you feel totally helpless to make that person better. And in the end you know that you have to put your faith in the doctors who have years of experience to save the one you love. But its often the "NOT KNOWING" that makes you feel scared as well. I've actually had this feeling recently too. Its not easy Aravisian, believe me I know all too well. But just know, you are not alone there buddy.

livingdead

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17:35 pm

All the best man, hang in there.

Aravisian

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:12:46 am

Family member is coherent sitting up and making jokes and was discharged from the hospital today. So, things are stable, but serious.

star treker

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:55:49 am

If I had a family member who was in a bad way in the hospital, and then suddenly they got better enough to start telling jokes, I'd cheer in laughter! And then I would make some jokes, and make them laugh too hehe. I am happy to hear the good news Aravisian! Both you and the family get hugs from me. Thanks for the update buddy, appreciate it. :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:21:27 pm

Me too! If you can stand a slight joke about illness, here it is. An old gentleman has been diagnosed by his doctor and that he has a serious heart condition and should not be made excitable that could bring on a heart attack. His family members have learned that he won $1 M on the Lottery and don't know how to share the news. They ask a Minister of the Cloth to broach the news in a sensitive way. The Minister, perplexed at how he should broach the subject asked the man "Tell me Joe, what would you do if you won $1 M on the lottery?" Joe replied "I'd give it all to the Church!" Whereupon the Minister had a heart attack and died! :lol:

star treker

Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:12:37 pm

They say the lord works in mysterious ways, you can't get much more mysterious then that. :lol:

Aravisian

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:33:38 am

Recovery is progressing- slowly. They were able to get up and walk a few steps today.

The car is back from the shop, finally. They had to cut and weld to repair the damages to the frame and wheel mounts. Then replaced sections of the body. Really thought the insurance would 'total' it. I was quite surprised that they did not. Impressive work, too- you cannot see a single mark and the paint is a perfect match.

star treker

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:43:34 am

Thats good to hear, lets keep up that recovery so we can get out of the hospital, and get on with modern life. (whatever that is these days)

Regarding the car, usually when structural integrity is compromised, insurance companies due total the vehicle out. In cases like that, its best that a person has full vehicle insurance, because its the only way an insurance company will pay for a new car. If you only had flood damage coverage for example, your screwed, it will be on you to get a new car. Anyways, however odd that it is, its nice to hear that the insurance company didn't total it out, and instead had the car repaired.

Aravisian

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:00:24 am

star treker wrote:Thats good to hear, lets keep up that recovery so we can get out of the hospital, and get on with modern life. (whatever that is these days)

Regarding the car, usually when structural integrity is compromised, insurance companies due total the vehicle out. In cases like that, its best that a person has full vehicle insurance, because its the only way an insurance company will pay for a new car. If you only had flood damage coverage for example, your screwed, it will be on you to get a new car. Anyways, however odd that it is, its nice to hear that the insurance company didn't total it out, and instead had the car repaired.

Oh, outta the hospital already.