This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Youtube Has Started Deleting Accounts As Promised :evil:

star treker

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:13:36 am

As you probably know by now, a lot has been changing with Youtube these past few years, due to new policies from the monopoly giant Google. What used to feel like freedom on the video streaming platform of Youtube, has now been morphed into a dictatorship. Google acts just like Microsoft, in where Google knows best, and without your permission, nor reaching out to ask if they should, they will disable your account without warning.

The amazing Aravisian, has already discussed how Google sniffs into your emails like its free pizza at a Star Trek convention. And that has caused a lot of issues already, forcing people to change email providers.

But now the dreaded Youtube algorithm, who acts like the claw in Toy Story, chooses who will stay, and who will go. There is no democracy, no, there is nothing you can do about it. If Google decides that you don't match up to their new policies, they get rid of you without warning. Most recently, my latest account got disabled by Google for spam. Really, SPAM?

I've been using the internet since the start, I know what spam is, as we all got it in our email boxes all the time. Spam is when a company, sends out mass mailings, with nonsensical messages, trying to get you to click. In forum message board websites such as this one, spammers will make posts, spamming you with adds, trying to get you to click. And sometimes clicking on them could automatically download a Trojan virus that you were not expecting, so you never want to click on their links.

So what does Youtube consider spam? Youtube considers you are spamming the site, if you simply leave a total of 50-comments in 1-day. So you got 50 subs that your leaving 1-comment per 50 subs, for a total of 50-comments, thats enough to get you banned. So as you can see, Google doesn't know what spam is, they are full of c***. The real problem at the end of the day, is Google is far too big for their britches, and they are trying to censor people now.

Greedy corporations always ruin everything they touch. And if the government lets those corporations spin out of control, and do whatever the heck they want, this is the kind of thing that can happen. I'm not the only one who has lost their accounts, thousands of people have lost their accounts over the last few years now because of Youtube's evil algorithm. The real answer to fix this is for the government to break up Google's monopoly.

Another thing that we can do is have a new video streaming platform to compete against Youtube. Lots of people talk about Vimeo as being a possible solution. But lets be honest here, Vimeo is nowhere near the caliber of Youtube, and thus can't compete. Thats like asking a mom and pop tiny town hardware store to complete against a global giant like Home Depot, sorry, it aint gonna happen. So ya, just know, Youtube's deleted accounts now, so be prepared.

Aravisian

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:36:01 pm

star treker wrote:The amazing Aravisian, has already discussed

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I always knew I was cute.

This may explain why lately, when I watch a video on youtube, it then tells me I have to complete a survey to watch the next video. I just close the p.o.s. out when it does that.

star treker

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:46:44 am

Hey, when your good your good ;)

And yep, when the FCC got rid of Net Neutrality, that is what gave companies like Google more power to do whatever they wanted with Youtube. Stuff like, forcing you to buy "Youtube Red" or "Youtube" TV in order to get more premium service, quicker video load times, etc.

And if your not signed in to Youtube, on every single video you watch, Youtube bother's you about signing up to their DVR service. Youtube used to be about YOU - TUBE, hence the name Youtube. Now its become like a TV station network channel. I'm hoping that sites like Vimeo actually take steps to get them on the map more, so that they can compete with Youtube.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45:06 pm

Vimeo doesn't really use adverts do they? That's why I pay £55 a year for the privilege of uploading tutorial videos as the basic 500 Mb just isn't enough. That's what I had to do to get my Zorin 9 dual boot with Windows 7 video to upload. The only other 'free' alternative is veoh.com. I attempted 4 times to upload that video there until 3 a.m. in the morning before setting off on annual vacation - utter waste of time - I still have some tutorial vids on there but hardly touch it these days. ;) :D

star treker

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:46:25 pm

I think that Vimeo would probably be a good option for private use, for family and friend sharing, but not for public use. Vimeo just doesn't have enough of a following. And like you said, Vimeo would require a paid subscription in order to get any real use out of it anyways so ya. See thats the thing, we just don't really have a good alternative option to Youtube right now, and thats sad. If anybody finds a good alternative, please do let me know. Because even if I were to use Vimeo for sharing private video's, that 500MB limit would stop me in my tracks faster then you can spin, for trying to upload 4K content.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:17:11 pm

veoh is free and it has no limits but I suspect it needs Windows because when you go to it it wants to install the Veoh Player (Remember Real Player?!). Didn't have an issue uploading short tutorial videos but there are no limits from memory apart from when it allowed me to upload Part 1 but not Part 2 - then again I was using basic DSL package and router at the time, not 'fast' (read slow-fast) broadband like I am now. ;) :D