This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cinnamon on Zorin Core!

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05:58 pm

OK. Thought I would play around with Cinnamon on Zorin Core 15.2:

Cinnamon DE.jpg

A more refined Cinnamon Desktop:

Refined Cinnamon Desktop.jpg

star treker

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:05:52 pm

Thats really pretty SWARF! :)

I know that Aravisian was testing Cinnamon not that long ago, I forget what he was specifically testing with it though, its been awhile.

But yeah, I like the way the menu looks, and the transparency is also neat on it too.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:11:26 pm

Hi star treker,

Aravisian has added Cinnamon to Lite - mine is Core - I created the user Cinnamon to test on previous install of Zorin which I screwed when cloning FerenOS - and I have lost the capacity to use Aravisian's themes! :cry:

Aravisian

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:09:26 pm

star treker wrote:Thats really pretty SWARF! :)

I know that Aravisian was testing Cinnamon not that long ago, I forget what he was specifically testing with it though, its been awhile.

But yeah, I like the way the menu looks, and the transparency is also neat on it too.

I was testing it as a viable alternative to XFCE desktop since XFCE is pushing hard to go full Gnome Throttle.
On Linux Mint, Cinnamon hesitates, falters and after some time of use (A couple hours or so) it bogs down and gets very slow.
On Zorin 15 or 12, however, Cinnamon works near flawlessly, without slowing down at all. I have had fewer hicoughs on it than I did with Gnome or XFCE. I have not had to troubleshoot odd issues since I installed it. Usually, I need to fix this that or the other and then something new... No, not now. In the last few months, I have done very few repairs on my computer and no wipe and reloads.
I will be sticking with Cinnamon on Zorin for a while, I think.

star treker

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:16:34 pm

Thats good to hear Aravisian, that Cinnamon desktop on Zorin is working for you, happy to hear. I just can't wait for the days when the replicator becomes a thing. Could you imagine Cinnamon desktop spitting out cinnamon sticks everyday for you? HEHE :P

Aravisian

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:33:01 pm

star treker wrote:Thats good to hear Aravisian, that Cinnamon desktop on Zorin is working for you, happy to hear. I just can't wait for the days when the replicator becomes a thing. Could you imagine Cinnamon desktop spitting out cinnamon sticks everyday for you? HEHE :P

I can think of other things I would prefer to replicate.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:12:14 pm

My Latest look for the Cinnamon DE on Zorin 15.2 Core - Aravisian's Azenis Icons, DarkBolt-cursor, blue-submarine theme. 8-) :D

Cinnamon desktop with Azenis icons and DarkBoldCursor - blue submarine theme.jpg

Cinnamon keeps the cursor both within and outside of applications, but wonder if this is because as well as including in the usr/share/icons folder I have also copied the theme (cursor) to /etc/X11/cursors? :o :shock:

star treker

Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:22:35 am

Love the background, love the custom cursor, and love the look of the menu. That OS has a nice touch. Of course, nothing can touch Aravisians work of art. ;)

Swarfendor437

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:43:09 pm

Latest Cinnamon setup on Zorin 15.2 Core:

Cinnamon with abstract vector wallpaper.jpg

Got it from here:

https://image.freepik.com/free-vector/b ... 491660.jpg

Reminiscent of Zorin 9 moving wallpaper! ;) :D

Definitely 'new retro-wave' :D 8-)