This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Massive update and fixes on AzenisEX icons

Aravisian

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:55:16 pm

I offer you:
Azenis2 EX icon set

https://www.pling.com/p/1323532/

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:22:24 am

Many thanks! :D 8-)

star treker

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37:10 pm

Thank you Aravisian!

I just got around to downloading and updating my Azenis Icons with your updated pack. Although, currently, I am using the Archangel-12 theme, so I am not using those updated icons for now. But if I switch back to the Azenis theme, I will be using the updated icons, so I thank you!

Something you might find funny though, after I copied the icons to the proper icons folder, I went to delete the icons pack from my downloads location, and it took forever to delete it. Its cause there are so many files that make up the icons pack, and my computer is so slow lol.

When it comes to doing production work or playing AAA game titles, my old 2012 notebook is still on top. However, when it comes to everything else and daily tasks, my new tablet is much faster with its 8-cores. Each year that passes by, my 4-core notebook is showing its age lol.

Aravisian

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:41:02 pm

Yeah... It's a big file. I added a lot to it.

Though the Suru Icon pack is bigger, still. (Not my pack.)

Quit being a big baby Trekker and test out the icons and let me know if you find any flaws. You can switch it back to Archangel-12, when you are done checking it over.

Currently, I am running Empire theme on the gtk controls, Azenis Black (There is no download on this, it's just a window border theme I made for me) window borders, Azenis Menu / panel and Azenis2-EX icons.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:29:15 pm

I've got to dig out an old wallpaper that was out the time of Zorin 7! ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:40:09 pm

As promised! :D :

Screenshot_20200810_173728.jpeg

Aravisian

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:28:14 pm

That is a Big Monitor.... OR have you got two or three tied together?
What's that blue cursor floating there?

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:44:55 pm

Hi Aravisian - two monitors - the screenshot looks nicer than reality! :lol:

The cursor is:

Screenshot_20200810_183904.jpeg

As I can't remember where I downloaded it from:

Aravisian

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03:12 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Aravisian - two monitors - the screenshot looks nicer than reality! :lol:

The cursor is:

The attachment Screenshot_20200810_183904.jpeg is no longer available

As I can't remember where I downloaded it from:

The attachment Darkbolt-cursor.tar.gz is no longer available

I would guess opencode / Pling or Deviantart.
I know what you mean about screenshots looking better than the real thing.

20200810_145833.jpg

Looking at your screenshot... I notice your Waterfox icon is not being used. I note in the listing that some icons are sourced in places other than in the /icons or /.icons folders. But if you wanna, there are Waterfox icons included in that set.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56:35 pm

Hi Aravisian - I do use Waterfox but I can't get the icon in the Menu even though I created an entry. I have to do a search for 'water' and it comes up - I have to point to ./home/waterfox/.waterfox. Don't have the issue in Feren OS as it installs everything via the Browser Manager installer - less complicated. Guess I am getting lazy in my 'old' age! :lol:

I tried looking on Deviant art from memory but could not find it - but have now:

https://www.deviantart.com/alexgal23/ar ... -809782859

star treker

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53:10 pm

SWARF! :D

Incase you didn't know, you can change the icons of shortcuts. At least I can on XFCE desktop, using the XFCE panel. I just right click, and go to properties, and then I change the icon, point to the direction where the icon I want to use is located. Perfect example, I am using Nemo file manger now, I got like freaking 3 file manager apps on my computer these days. lol - Anyways, I hunted down a Finding Nemo icon, and used that for the Nemo file manager, see!

Screenshot_2020-08-10_15-50-05.png

Aravisian

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43:08 am

star treker wrote: Anyways, I hunted down a Finding Nemo icon, and used that for the Nemo file manager, see!

Screenshot_2020-08-10_15-50-05.png

That is too funny... I love it.

Coming soon:

"Azenis-Black" theme to compliment these icons.

Aravisian

Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:25:28 pm

Aravisian wrote:

Soon arrived about two days early:
https://www.pling.com/p/1411609/

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:02:42 am

Aravisian wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

OK, installed to Cinnamon Desktop but my DE appears to be corrupted - nothing to do with the theme. I change it to an original Azenis wallpaper on Deviant Art and setting as wallpaper is not happening. Strangely, on reboot, when the desktop appears the wallpaper shows briefly before being replaced with an all black background! :(

Aravisian

Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:27:47 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:
Aravisian wrote:
Aravisian wrote:

OK, installed to Cinnamon Desktop but my DE appears to be corrupted - nothing to do with the theme. I change it to an original Azenis wallpaper on Deviant Art and setting as wallpaper is not happening. Strangely, on reboot, when the desktop appears the wallpaper shows briefly before being replaced with an all black background! :(

Did you install cinnamon-desktop-environment and cinnamon-common? When installing Cinnamon from the repository:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install cinnamon

Code:
sudo apt-get install cinnamon-desktop-environment

Code:
sudo apt-get install cinnamon-common

You may also need:
Code:
sudo apt-get install lightdm

Also, a simple trick is hit alt f2 and type in
Code:
nemo-desktop

Added Azenis LIGHT theme for Cin and XFCE4.14
https://www.pling.com/p/1412011/

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:51:57 pm

No, I just installed the packages using Synaptic. ;) :D

Aravisian

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:07:34 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:No, I just installed the packages using Synaptic. ;) :D

If you prefer Synaptic, you still should add the embrosyn repo.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:59:26 pm

I added the repo and everything else apart from lightdm (I don't like zorin in small letters with ubuntu dots underneath on splash screen!). Cinnamon DE common would not install as already present - now I have a broken Cinnamon!

Screenshot from 2020-08-14 18-58-01.jpg

Basically a Gnome 2 desktop! :shock: :o

Going to remove Cinnamon and start over - if it continues I will just be using your latest Icons in LXQt. ;) :D

Aravisian

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:30:19 pm

That looks like the older Mate Desktop which was notorious for putting the window background image on the desktop background.
I would give a quick quide on fixing that except that your cinnamon desktop panel looks nothing like it should either...
You might try on that background hitting alt-F2 and entering in
Code:
nemo-desktop

On the Browser window, it looks like the browser has "use gtk theme" not enabled.

EDIT: Oh, one other thing: You should only have one repo added for Cinnamon and that should be:ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:embrosyn/cinnamon

If you have more than one repo, it will defer to the Universe.
If you use the Ubuntu Universe repo version, it will not work well.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:06:14 pm

Hi Aravisian, you were right about it being mate - and I have never installed it as a DE on Zorin as I can't stand it! I tried Mate on another drive and total non-starter for me (Like Fedora, Ubuntu etc - you know when something just doesn't feel right. When I booted synaptic up and searched for Cinnamon I found something I did not expect = Gnome-1-Pol-kit - not sure if I got the title of the package the correct way round but on expansion it stated it was the Policy kit for Gnome 2, Gnome 3 Gtk and ... mate! And I was wondering if THAT was the culprit - I had no issues with Cinnamon at all until recently and it has been working fine for at least 6 weeks so I guess it must have been an update that screwed it and possibly Pol Kit being the culprit - don't want to remove it in case it screws up the system. So I will try your guide and let you know but not tonight - I'm feeling strangely tired - must be bedtime! :lol:

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:50:22 am

Well I noticed that whilst installing following your commands, cinnamon-desktop-common installs mate themes and icons - goodness knows why! I keep getting crash errors so purged cinnamon de from the system.

mate in cinnamon.jpg

My Cinnamon days on Zorin are now over! ;) :D
Back to LXQt 8-)

Aravisian

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:13:13 pm

Oh, thought you knew: Cinnamon D.E. is based on /Built on Mate.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:23:32 pm

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh! :lol:

Well I can always launch LXQt or Enlightenment - I'll now take a look at the slightly updated CairoDock DE - not as up to speed as the old one but it has been updated. ;) :D