This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin torrents

jamvaru

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08:47 pm

we love torrents, and seeding, it is heavenly experience

what is good torrent for zorin? i found this one

http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id ... te.torrent
and this
http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id ... RC.torrent

i would LOVE to see an officially supported torrent, though I'm pretty sure these are ok, guess it could be faux

Wolfman

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04:55 am

Hi,

why use torrents when there are 3 direct download links available??, the thing with torrents is that as long as there are enough seeders; they are fine, when the number of seeders drops, they can be a real pain because they are slow!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

shrinivas

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:44:31 am

Advantage of torrents is that they can be paused,stopped and restarted often. Disadvantages are as Wolfman says when there are no seeds it is again a pain.
I have seen that while downloading directly from official sites sometimes my internet stops suddenly and restarts and unless it is allowed to pause/resume most downloads get cancelled and I have to start all over again, it is a real PITA especially when bandwidth is scarce as it is in my country.
Real solution would be for downloading sites to offer pause/resume capabilities.
Regards

Wolfman

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:27:37 am

shrinivas wrote:Advantage of torrents is that they can be paused,stopped and restarted often. Disadvantages are as Wolfman says when there are no seeds it is again a pain.
I have seen that while downloading directly from official sites sometimes my internet stops suddenly and restarts and unless it is allowed to pause/resume most downloads get cancelled and I have to start all over again, it is a real PITA especially when bandwidth is scarce as it is in my country.
Real solution would be for downloading sites to offer pause/resume capabilities.
Regards

Hi shrinivas,

if you use FireFox, it has a pause/resume function, you just need to open the downloads window under tools and show the window!!. (Crtl + Shift + Y)

jamvaru

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05:11 pm

IF ZORRIN SUPPORTS THE TORRENT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE AT LEAST ONE SEED

shrinivas

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16:22 am

Wolfman wrote:
shrinivas wrote:Advantage of torrents is that they can be paused,stopped and restarted often. Disadvantages are as Wolfman says when there are no seeds it is again a pain.
Regards

Hi shrinivas,

if you use FireFox, it has a pause/resume function, you just need to open the downloads window under tools and show the window!!. (Crtl + Shift + Y)

I agree Wolfman, I use DownthemAll to download, to-day I tried to d/l Zorin 6, I failed mainly because after some time it would just stop downloading (probably the servers are overloaded by all the free-boarders, I am one of them,of course !) , probably I should buy the premium version.
Thanks and regards

shrinivas

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:13:42 pm

I finally downloaded Zorin 6 from a torrent available in Linuxtracker.org, md5sum matches and installed.
Thanks all.

Wolfman

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58:35 am

Hi,

search here:

http://www.torrentreactor.net/