This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Learning Java

nomad117

Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:36:42 pm

I'm taking an introduction to Java course in my school. I'll be programming in Zorin in no time.

Zorin is composed of Java, right?

Wolfman

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:58:31 am

Hi,

I found this:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

Regards Wolfman :D

nomad117

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02:00 pm

Right now I'm being introduced to flowcharting.
(By the way, I'm posting this while in class.)

Mattdogg

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18:12 am

Hi nomad. I don't mean to hijack your post, but I was just reading and came across it. I too am getting my bachelor's in software programming and development (1.5 yrs to go, yay!). Java is the ultimate programming language in my opinion. It's used in basically eveything we use. I'd recommend to you Netbeans and Eclipse for programming tools, and aslo there are plenty of UML charting software (free Argo UML for instance) that beat the pants off Microsux Visio. Good luck and stay frosty.
Matt

nomad117

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59:07 am

Mattdogg wrote:Hi nomad. I don't mean to hijack your post, but I was just reading and came across it. I too am getting my bachelor's in software programming and development (1.5 yrs to go, yay!). Java is the ultimate programming language in my opinion. It's used in basically eveything we use. I'd recommend to you Netbeans and Eclipse for programming tools, and aslo there are plenty of UML charting software (free Argo UML for instance) that beat the pants off Microsux Visio. Good luck and stay frosty.
Matt

My class is going to use NetBeans. Thanks for the good luck, and good luck to you, too.